What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small glass of bitter (probably just before a large glass of bitter!) while finishing a part-baked baguette to have with a ploughman’s. Despite the weather forecast being a bit grim for today it’s very hot and sunny.

IMG_7802.jpeg

Drinking a Blackberry Wheat Ale that I kegged/bottled last week. 3kg Lager malt, 2kg Wheat malt, 30g Hallertauer Tradition (20 IBU) and White Labs American Hefeweizen Ale Yeast. About 2kg of Blackberries that my daughter and I picked were added once fermentation was winding down, in which a few hours later pushed themselves up into the airlock. Luckily, that's as far as it went and all I had to do was change the airlock. 4.9% ABV tart, with a bit of sweatness. Quite hazy, which I'm guessing is from the wheat and/or from the dead bugs.

IMG_9738.jpg

Never had this before so got it from Morissons on a multi deal. A bit on the fizzy side but keeps its head. Not that different to St Austell Tribute.View attachment 104126

I had a couple of bottles of that a few weeks ago i enjoyed it, i like St Austell Tribute so its probably not a surprise.

Last day of our Greek holiday so after breakfast and a bus ride into Chania, first stop was a coffee shop and a piece of cherry pie (not very Greek😂). After a bit of retail therapy I managed to steer the wife into a harbour-front bar. Discovered they stocked Cretan microbrewery beers. First up, Jasmine.
IMG_20240922_141211110.jpg

Describes it as an IPA but for me it was a very nice NEIPA. Second up was Lyra
IMG_20240922_144709338.jpg

This was more like an IPA for me. Very nice. Then it was time for lunch. A short walk around the harbour found us in a nice Taverna.
IMG_20240922_160105568.jpg

Lunch for me was a grilled sea bream and a Harmas larger. So nice I had a second (Harmas not sea bream).
So far so good but still had a couple of hours to kill. A stroll, a sit and another stroll found us in another seafront bar. Cocktail time? Why not. Espresso martini for me!
IMG_20240922_182156560.jpg

With an hour to go before we had to catch the bus to the airport I managed to squeeze in an Erdinger. The Espresso martini seems to have had on my ability to pour a beer!😂
IMG_20240922_190608135.jpg

Now at the airport waiting for our flight home (2 hours late 😞)

Can’t believe how much traffic there was on the roads home so had a TT Landlord when arrived home.

IMG_4218.jpeg

Then a a take away with this Malbec and for the price it’s one of the nicest I’ve had.

IMG_4219.jpeg

Latest posts

Back