What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen it in a pub here how does it compare to the bottled version?
It’s nicer on tap, I think all beers are. To me most bottled beers have less flavour and have a different mouthfeel. Bottled beers tend to be more highly carbonated than the cask version and the bottled beer is usually served chilled.

It’s nicer on tap, I think all beers are. To me most bottled beers have less flavour and have a different mouthfeel. Bottled beers tend to be more highly carbonated than the cask version and the bottled beer is usually served chilled.

I definitely noticed that with Doom Bar a cracking pint at out local but when you compare a bottle it is a little over carbonated and not as nice tasting, still drinkable.

Did you also have a Doom Bar?

1722875137890.png

I definitely noticed that with Doom Bar a cracking pint at out local but when you compare a bottle it is a little over carbonated and not as nice tasting, still drinkable.

Did you also have a Doom Bar?
No. I used to like Doombar but not so much these days. I’m not sure if my taste has changed or the beer has changed. I think maybe the latter after it started to appear almost everywhere.

No. I used to like Doombar but not so much these days. I’m not sure if my taste has changed or the beer has changed. I think maybe the latter after it started to appear almost everywhere.
The good news is we now have better beers so we can give it a miss ;)

It is a lovely little place ,we are lucky enough that it is about a hour and a bit drive away , we can do a circular walk using the trail you are talking about ,and then back to the Bridge Inn for food and drink ,

An eventful day. My 6yr old broke her foot at the trampoline park. Raiding the fridge for some caravan beers. This is really good. Experimental NZ hops, hopefully they hit the market
1000044743.jpg

Back