What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m back on the cask bitter now 😋

IMG_7251.jpeg

Nice to see it back open. It was closed last summer, with loads of people stopping looking for a pint.
The best day we had there was a few winters ago camping at the CMAC site, there was a major snowfall in the midlands (I’d cooked breakfast on the Cadac outside it with clear blue skies so had no idea) and so couldn’t get home. So spent the day in the pub in front of the fire, they even let the dog sprawl on the sofa 😀

This was my garden when we could get back.

IMG_0177.jpeg

Blew the dust off one of my Sierra Nevada glasses to give it a run with a couple of Hop Stompers. The extreme citrus flavour which I used to love and could learn to like again. Very puckering, I can get a 20 litre keg of this fairly cheap and considering going for it, plus I end up with a free keg.
IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_20240808_135930.jpg
IMG_20240808_154425.jpg
IMG_20240808_162732.jpg
IMG_20240808_171242.jpg

So starting with an amazing 5% NZ pale from beerriff. So much flavour for a 5% beer awesome. Then my dipa-matic solution a 7.74% NZ beerriff inspired DIPA. I'm stoked I nailed it. It's immediately on the rebrew list despite 300g of pellet hops in 18 litres.

Then a weird yet strange and wonderful (tony Blackburn quote) beer from vocation. Almost like a barley wine but not quite, love the barrel aged aspect of it. Finishing off with the piraat which unusually for a session is 4th place.

Last edited:
Four long necks before dinner, not bad going beautiful winter sunshine what could be better? Trip to the old Dart booked and paid for I just hope you have an Indian Summer in September.
A couple of Fullers London Pride clone to start with and a couple of Jamils Bitter. The Jamils Bitter which I was trying to recall what it tastes like is Hook Norton Haymaker, malty on the nose and on the taste.
FLP is the first couple followed by Jamils Bitter lovely head on Jamils just like a cask ale.
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG

Latest posts

Back