What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2118.jpeg
Sat here enjoying this, 10 to 1 Sunday afternoon says a lot about the state of the economy one of the biggest holiday parks in Lincolnshire
IMG_2120.jpeg
IMG_2119.jpeg

Interesting backdrop in photo 2.
My click lock bottle cap of Stelsan broke then leaked too.
I replaced the broken one with a standard cap and am being cautious with the remaining original.
Bad batch of lids perhaps?
Anyone else had the same?

Edit p.s. I wouldn't use aluminium foil to cap , the acid contents (phosphoric) will dissolve aluminium, and as a no-rinse cleaner you will get aluminium in your brews.
Not good.
I suggest using another plastic cap or multilayer cling film.
This is useful- I’ve just fished my empty out of the recycling to keep as a spare, so far no issues with chemsan though.

In Portugal at the moment and feel like I should be drinking the local beers but sagres and super bock are not hitting the spot. Think I’m going to have to stray into mainland Europe for my future beer selection as the supermarkets are full of it (plus the likes of abbot ale).

Life is sort of complicated at the moment 🫤🫤.

I haven’t had a chance to drink this beer from @The-Engineer-That-Brews . while down in Stirling, so have carried them up on the train and ferry, to now enjoy here in Kirkwall. A light Witbier - not normally a beer of choice but this is light, fragrant and yum. I’m enjoying while trying a new bread recipe.

Ginger saison soft spice aroma, which continues into citrus with a bit of wheat creaminess, finishing with a good acidity.
IMG_1027.jpeg

Latest posts

Back