What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely plummy notes, a great winter warmer. Farm shop over the fields had this 30% off as it's Christmas themed, but well within BBD and in lovely condition.

1000057963.jpg

Sad. I've given up on Beavertown - thanks a bunch Heineken.
I don't think Heineken are to blame. More a function of ambition and growth set by the original owners, much in the same way as Brewdog, Magic Rock and others have gone south long before big money investments. Crowdfunding is always a red flag for me, that they're a brewing company not a brewery.

I don't think Heineken are to blame. More a function of ambition and growth set by the original owners, much in the same way as Brewdog, Magic Rock and others have gone south long before big money investments. Crowdfunding is always a red flag for me, that they're a brewing company not a brewery.
@Hoddy any thoughts on crowdfunding breweries

@Alastair70's Irish Red.

Carbonation is high, with a pillowy white head. I did pour this inton a nucleated glass which was probably a mistake.

Photo is after I'd let it settle and warm up a bit.

Colour is dark ruby, clarity is fair but likely due to my pour handling of a bottle conditioned beer. Clarity is good when held to the light.

Aroma is brown bread, some dark/dried fruit, and perhaps a touch of pepper phenol.

Flavour is led by coffee, maltiness, nuts, then some caramel sweetness. Bitterness is medium and works well to cleanse the palate.

Is probably a bit too flavourful for me, but if I'm correct this was designed for Nitro which can dull flavours so I imagine it's perfect when dispensed as intended.

20231229_165717.jpg

Will send you my swap in the next couple of weeks 👍

We have a bunch of friends round tonight and a couple are staying over so there will be no alcohol-free beers tonight. I’ll also be turning a blind-eye to carbs and calories until after breakfast (fried potatoes, bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding, tomato, beans, mushrooms, toast). 🥳

I’ve started early with a small glass of Saison.
IMG_5918.jpeg

@Alastair70's Irish Red.

Carbonation is high, with a pillowy white head. I did pour this inton a nucleated glass which was probably a mistake.

Photo is after I'd let it settle and warm up a bit.

Colour is dark ruby, clarity is fair but likely due to my pour handling of a bottle conditioned beer. Clarity is good when held to the light.

Aroma is brown bread, some dark/dried fruit, and perhaps a touch of pepper phenol.

Flavour is led by coffee, maltiness, nuts, then some caramel sweetness. Bitterness is medium and works well to cleanse the palate.

Is probably a bit too flavourful for me, but if I'm correct this was designed for Nitro which can dull flavours so I imagine it's perfect when dispensed as intended.

View attachment 94676

Will send you my swap in the next couple of weeks 👍
Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the kind words 👍. The carbonated version is definitely strong on roasted flavour, the nitro version is much more mellow and rounded.

Latest posts

Back