What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolling down the street smoking endo sipping on gin and juice. Laid back with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.
Try the oil, undiluted. I gave some to my wife only as big as a grain of rice on a cocktail stick, my wife had only ever had cookies made with leaves and thought she was immune to MJ. Just over an hour later, she was crawling around the lounge room mooing like a cow.
So much for immunity😂

Hard rubbish day today, the annual bane of my life. If I don't put anything out my wife claims that other folk will think we are hoarders, so the annual argument of my wife putting what she considers rubbish out and me bringing it back in. The trouble with women they don't know when something may come in useful.
Stress over and time for the first beer of the day Fullers London Pride clone, this won't be my last, I need something stronger, Baltic Porter or a Foreign Extra Stout. Can't live with em and can't live without em, women I am talking about not the ale.

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

Hey guys. Rosé for me.

I have big news. The odds are likely we are going to be moving to the USA indefinitely. It will be a good few months before everything is finalised but I'm very excited for the possibility. I will of course still pop in when I can. 😁

View attachment 102769

Wow! Good luck! A few months you say? You might just make my annual pilgrimage and drinking expedition to York at Christmas. I might buy you and J a pint if you're lucky.

Geordie Scottish Export Ale (pimped kit, 1kg light DME instead of sugar, Kveik Voss instead of the supplied yeast and a dozen or so drops of Outback hop oil into the keg), kegged almost two weeks ago, quite happy with it indeed but since I can't fit it in any of my fridges it's room temp. Still nice enough though.

IMG_20240819_163610_832.jpg

The cask bitter. It’s still nice but you can tell it’s not a fresh cask. This might be because I have no temperature control for my cask beer at the moment and the temperature has been all over the place recently - well above cellar temperatures too. I think I need to get this one finished and sort out some temperature control.
IMG_7410.jpeg

First time i have tried this and i will buy again -

Mena Dhu stout is complex and flavoursome, yet deceptively light and refreshing. A subtle oak smoked aroma sets the scene for a delicious flavour profile that entices with a hint of dark chocolate, followed by a delicate touch of liquorice on the finish.
It’s brewed using a blend of six malts – traditional and pale malts for richness and depth, chocolate and smoked malts for a distinctive taste, and malted oats and roasted barley malts to enhance the finish.
Based on an original Cornish recipe, Mena Dhu means ‘black hill’ in Cornish and is named after the farm that was owned by Walter Hicks, the founder of St Austell Brewery.

1724238848065.png
1724238962897.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back