What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for one of my American Browns
IMG_20240130_221348.jpg

This morning bottled my American Pale Ale, 59 Stubby's worth, Drank the dregs from my bottling bucket then had a can of Bad Shepherd APA.
1706683057857.jpeg

1706683138430.jpeg

Tonight time to see how my Coopers Sparkling is travelling. Not making any decisions just yet, but it is lacking the funkiness of the Coopers yeast, still very nice for the week it has been in the bottle.
1706683483921.jpeg

1706683622624.jpeg

Why oh why do pubs keep cask on past it's expiry 🤦🤦

Just now in a Greene King pub, chose a Greene King beer - a winter special called Fireside. Well, I should have bloody known it would be leftovers from Christmas!

Sat here drinking it thinking "a bit vinegary" then I go back to the bar for a second pint (of something else) and notice they've now taken off the clip because it's finished, i.e. clearly been waiting for some poor sod to finish the cask. My throat f'ing tingling now from the acetobacter

FFS

Last edited:
IMG_20240129_193526.jpg

Away staying with friends in the French Alps. (the blond lady)
So a preprandial Blonde ale from a craft brewery La Rochoise 'Biere ArtisanALE' in La Roche sur Foron, Haute Savoie. Pleasant and gently hoppy.
Worlds more interesting than ubiquitous eurofizz 'pression'.
Phew, our interest has reached the more remote parts of France. 🍻

Just now in a Greene King pub, chose a Greene King beer - a winter special called Fireside. Well, I should have bloody known it would be leftovers from Christmas!

Sat here drinking it thinking "a bit vinegary" then I go back to the bar for a second pint (of something else) and notice they've now taken off the clip because it's finished, i.e. clearly been waiting for some poor sod to finish the cask. My throat f'ing tingling now from the acetobacter

FFS
Establishment run on accountant lines rather than publican.
Probably all the 'beer' that was left was festering in the pipes. 🤮

Any good?
Is the brewery tap/picnic site worth a visit on a walk?
Better weather time, obviously.
I really like their pale ales and mild. I’m less keen on (but still like) their bitters but plenty of other people like to drink them all night. Musket brew English style ales and the flavours of their beers are quite traditional I’d say - with the possible exception of their smoked ale (although in years past I suspect all ales were smokey!). They do have some bottled ciders but it’s really about the beer.

The tap room and picnic site are fairly small but nicely kept, warm, and comfortable. The people, both staff and customers, are really friendly. They also have food wagons several days through the week, again run by friendly folk.

Overall I’d say it’s definitely worth a visit to find out if it’s your thing, especially if you’re in the area.

FFS
I would have told them about it and made it clear i was not happy

Back