What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One beer which I will be pleased when it's gone. Baltic Porter, said the same thing last time I made it.
The other is my Foreign Extra Stout, another stout in the planning so happy with my stouts.
1705556893994.jpeg

1705557010066.jpeg

View attachment 94236
Another session beer from the box - it’s a golden ale really, balanced hop and malt. Good body but almost no head. More interesting than yesterday’s but the overall flavour is a bit weird.
I've had a few of their fiftytwo north in mini kegs from Woodforde's and thought they were ok, more modern and hoppy than their core range

Having a Brewdog stout, had high expectations. It goes down easy, it's very good, I'd still prefer a Guinness, but only just.

Screenshot_20240118-171149-471.png

The bier box subscription is officially dead and they have refunded 2/3 of the voucher.

So here’s the first of my beer52 box. Full of very interesting stuff which is a good start. Comes with a magazine about the brewers but no tasting guide?

IMG_2308.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

Outlier Aprichy. Claimed as a weizen doppelbock but only 5.2% so not really. Head very impressive, darker than expected. The flavour strength makes it a sipper rather than the booze. Aroma is inviting.

Overall taste is weird the cinnamon is prominent but has no bite. Feels more like a gimmick.

Another beer52.
IMG_2311.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

So cherry, lactose and vanilla…none of which have made it as far as the printed ingredients list.

Aroma is strong cherry which is nice. Flavour has the problem of being weird again. There is chocolate there but it comes later in the finish, initially it’s sort of bitter metallic cherry. No real body.

Nearly at the end of this Amber ale I kegged in November, has to be up there as my favourite style.
Maris Otter, Munich, Cara and Crystal malts with Northern brewer to bitter
and Cascade late boil, hopstand and dry hop.
I also do a similar brew with lower EBC and MJ54 as a Cali Common which is
a bit of a staple.
20240119_164300.jpg

Nearly at the end of this Amber ale I kegged in November, has to be up there as my favourite style.
Maris Otter, Munich, Cara and Crystal malts with Northern brewer to bitter
and Cascade late boil, hopstand and dry hop.
I also do a similar brew with lower EBC and MJ54 as a Cali Common which is
a bit of a staple.
View attachment 94928
Looks well, My last attempt was on the sweet side which I didn't enjoy. Well I still finished the keg 😉

Another beer52.
View attachment 94925
View attachment 94926
So cherry, lactose and vanilla…none of which have made it as far as the printed ingredients list.

Aroma is strong cherry which is nice. Flavour has the problem of being weird again. There is chocolate there but it comes later in the finish, initially it’s sort of bitter metallic cherry. No real body.
Had the same beers from the dark beer box. Not too many from it were great.

Latest posts

Back