Video Games and Gaming Culture discussion!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan.

Reaction score
Whether you're into the latest titles or classic hits, this is the place to chat about all things gaming. Share your favorite games, tips, and experiences. Let's get into it!

A tip for new parents...game station goes in main living room and has time limits. Don't let them have access to games above their age category. Get the kids other things more interesting to play with like a dog or a fishing rod.

Alright I have been playing Red Dead Redemption 2, probably the best single player game I ever played.
Red Dead Online is horrible, however there are Role Play servers under the name RedM which have been a fantastic place to play if you fancy trying Role Play in an 1898 wild west setting.

Skyrim, modded as much as possible with (mainly) immersion mods, on the Xbox one is largely all I play nowadays.

It's certainly something that appeals to the colossal geek in me and allows my mild OCD to run rampant, I can seriously spend hours arranging and sorting various magical swords and potions, nipping off on occasion to stock up on mead and attack any nearby bandit encampments.

GTA V is good for a laugh and a bit of mindless destruction once in a while, Red Dead Redemption (1 & 2) are both great games but I find myself mainly using them to play poker and gun down random ruffians rather than sticking to the main story.

I can't stand online gaming, the standard 'run and gun' nonsense while being screamed at and heckled by twelve year olds isn't my idea of fun.

GTA V is good for a laugh and a bit of mindless destruction once in a while, Red Dead Redemption (1 & 2) are both great games but I find myself mainly using them to play poker and gun down random ruffians rather than sticking to the main story.

I'm like that, I find the main story a bit boring and just use it for mindless destruction! 🤣

I quite like strategy games and end up glued to Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron IV for hours after the mrs has gone to bed.

I have PS4 PS5 I no longer play online I used to be quite good at shooters but once they started adding jet packs etc I gave up.

The games are also silly money £60 plus for some I tend to buy second hand from places like CEX to keep costs down.

My latest full price purchase was Spider Man 2 not my usual type of game but i loved it from start to finish.

I will add a few more games to the list later.

Last edited:
I can't stand online gaming, the standard 'run and gun' nonsense while being screamed at and heckled by twelve year olds isn't my idea of fun.
The standard multiplayer servers are generally pretty awful I agree, but if you find private servers that are run by like minded people they can be great fun, RedM as I mentioned above, Farming Simulator 22 is surprisingly great fun in a good server and I was in a Milsim untt on a private Arma 3 server for a long time and that was great fun too.

Hmmmm...this sounds familiar. My eldest son who us "good at computers and does gaming and stuff" was on about "private servers" a while back...I'm of the "not interested and haven't got a clue" generation.

I could never get on with the Resident Evil games, I've given them many chances but for some reason they never really hit the mark for me.

They always seemed like a poor man's Silent Hill (love and still occasionally play the PS1 original version and the PS2 sequel).

I could never get on with the Resident Evil games, I've given them many chances but for some reason they never really hit the mark for me.

They always seemed like a poor man's Silent Hill (love and still occasionally play the PS1 original version and the PS2 sequel).

I know what you mean i didn't like the early ones then i played Village and loved it.

RE4 also brilliant -

1722966545421.png

Last edited:
Alright I have been playing Red Dead Redemption 2, probably the best single player game I ever played.
Red Dead Online is horrible, however there are Role Play servers under the name RedM which have been a fantastic place to play if you fancy trying Role Play in an 1898 wild west setting.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is incredible! The world and story are amazing, and the characters feel real. Exploring the Wild West is always a blast.

Has anyone played "Thank Goodness You're Here"?

Probably deserves its own thread as the most Northern English game ever made, and it's very silly.

Set in the fictional town of Barnsworth, the game has you solving problems for the local population by slapping things. The characters generally use a Yorkshire dialect (you can show English subtitles if you need), and it's just full of random humour and a lot of bawdy jokes.

The game is very simple, and I don't think it's very long, but as a completely daft experience it's worth every penny.

1723459161930.png

1723459222068.png

1723459309661.png

As i mentioned in post #9 i was a big fan of spider man 2 so i decided to get the remastered original and it is as good as i was hoping.

1723477191408.png

Back