Ulez expanded to include whole of outer London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who think any of these charges improve air quality can you explain why, despite the Congestion Charge for central London, the ULEZ covering the old area and LEZ which levies a charge on large vehicles, that all of the 50 worst spots for filthy air in the UK are in London.

London is the 4th cleanest city in the world, Mr bu----it Khan is a lying ******* and is only interested in one thing filling the coffers of tfl, and i don't live in London, anyone who believes his lie's and deception well words fail me

For those who think any of these charges improve air quality can you explain why, despite the Congestion Charge for central London, the ULEZ covering the old area and LEZ which levies a charge on large vehicles, that all of the 50 worst spots for filthy air in the UK are in London.
Would be even worse without the ULEZ.

Major new report shows that harmful pollution emissions have reduced by 26 per cent within the expanded ULEZ area - compared with what they would have been without the ULEZ coming into force.

Report shows that the ULEZ has reduced harmful pollution levels in central London by nearly half compared to what they would have been without the ULEZ.

In inner London, pollution levels are 21 per cent lower than they would have been without the ULEZ
Each day, 74,000 fewer polluting vehicles are seen driving in the zone, a cut of 60 per cent since expansion in October 2021.

https://www.london.gov.uk/new-repor...port shows that,have been without the scheme.

London is the 4th cleanest city in the world, Mr bu----it Khan is a lying ******* and is only interested in one thing filling the coffers of tfl, and i don't live in London, anyone who believes his lie's and deception well words fail me
Firstly, the ULEZ scheme is predicted to only cover its costs by 2027 as people move to compliant vehicles so it’s not really a money making scheme. Secondly, the Tory government forced the Mayor to expand the ULEZ out to the north and south circular. Thirdly, the majority of Londoners support the ULEZ as it has improved air quality.

Notice you you did not comment on it being the 4th cleanest city in the world, just keep believing liar Khan he even tried to get the boffins to rewrite their report

In my reply to Benfleet I linked to the report showing the improvement in air quality since the introduction of the original and first expansion of the ULEZ, didn't think I needed to repeat it in your reply as well, here is th headlines though...

Major new report shows that harmful pollution emissions have reduced by 26 per cent within the expanded ULEZ area - compared with what they would have been without the ULEZ coming into force.

Report shows that the ULEZ has reduced harmful pollution levels in central London by nearly half compared to what they would have been without the ULEZ.

In inner London, pollution levels are 21 per cent lower than they would have been without the ULEZ
Each day, 74,000 fewer polluting vehicles are seen driving in the zone, a cut of 60 per cent since expansion in October 2021.

I'm not sure about your claim London is the '4th cleanest' city in the world, by what measure? Air quality, amount of litter, number of parks... could be measuring anything there.

Notice you you did not comment on it being the 4th cleanest city in the world, just keep believing liar Khan he even tried to get the boffins to rewrite their report
Whatever you think about Khan - not much, clearly - the fact remains that low emission zones work. See for example:

The evidence is clear: low-emission zones like London’s Ulez work

As for it being a money making scheme, as long ago as 2010 " the health benefits from less air pollution in zones in 25 German cities were estimated to be between €760m and €2.6bn."

Further to your '4th cleanest city' claim, Benfleet Brewery says that "all of the 50 worst spots for filthy air in the UK are in London." I'm not sure where he gest those figures from either, but it would be surprising if you were both right.

I will believe what i believe and you will do the same but, i will never believe Khan he has been called out to many times by people far cleverer than himself. anyway have a nice day were ever you are and try and get a few beers in. Just a thought should it not be the oil companys, plastic companys who pay for the clean up and not joe public

Whatever you think about Khan - not much, clearly - the fact remains that low emission zones work

I doubt anyone wold disagree, its pretty obvious if you ban dirty cars from a Town or City air will be cleaner, the problem here is they are not banning them they are allowing dirty cars to pollute the air as long as the person driving it can afford £250 a month to drive it in the Zone.

Just a thought should it not be the oil companys, plastic companys who pay for the clean up and not joe public
That's not how it works in the free market... Companies make the profit, the public purse picks up the mess. The richer you are, the less tax you pay. We provide far higher subsidies to the fossil fuel & nuclear industries than we do to renewables.

I don't think league tables are very helpful in this case. If you have air pollution that is bad enough to affect the health of the population then it needs to be addressed, irrespective of whether it is better or worse than that of others.

We know that it does affect health but where have we got some proper reliable figures to prove how much it has affected the health as I have seen so many well conflicting figure thrown around to the accusations that Khan is a LIAR as is in the press.
So who is telling the real truth and not using figures that are not from REAL scientific reports?

The Government has all the data and they are using it to push their own agenda ie going green as soon as possible, irespective of how much it costs poor joe public

I heard members of the public have sprayed them with paint so they no longer work this member of the public took it to a whole new level.

171 cases of vandalism reported so far, i imagine that is going to climb fast.

Ulez: 171 reports of vandalised cameras logged by Met Police in two weeks

1693582108387.png

There have been 171 reports of crimes relating to Ulez cameras logged since 17 August, the Met Police has said.
The BBC previously revealed that more than 300 cameras had been vandalised between April and mid-August.
The actual number of cameras affected is likely to be even higher as one report can represent attacks on multiple cameras.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan's Ultra Low Emission Zone expanded across all of the capital's boroughs on 29 August.
The Metropolitan Police told the BBC: "To date, Met investigations have led to the arrest of two individuals, one charged and bailed for trial to June 2024 and the other [case] discontinued by the CPS."
It added that the force "continues to monitor anti-Ulez protests, as we do for all potential public order matters, to consider if bespoke policing plans are required".
MP for Sutton and Cheam and London minister Paul Scully has written to Mr Khan urging him to remove the Ulez camera in front of the Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton, which has been targeted by vandals.
He told Mr Khan the camera was "serving as a prominent lightning rod towards those who are willing to take the law into their own hands".
He added that the location of the camera was aimed at intentionally catching motorists "venturing little more than a hundred metres into the boundary to visit loved ones, receive treatment or attend their place of work".

'Vandalism will not stop Ulez'

The implementation of the expanded clean-air zone has been controversial, with some protests attracting between 200 and 300 people.
As of mid-August, TfL had installed 1,900 cameras in outer London and there are now more than 3,400 cameras across the Ulez.

A Transport for London spokesperson said: "Criminal damage to Ulez cameras puts the perpetrators at risk of prosecution and life-changing injuries, while simultaneously risking the safety of the public.
"Camera vandalism will not stop the Ulez operating London-wide. All vandalised cameras are replaced as soon as possible."

Unofficial data gathered by a group of people calling themselves Julie's Ulez map, who are opposed to the expansion, shows that out of the 1,762 cameras in outer London, about 750 have been damaged or stolen.
Data from the map suggests that across Greater London, almost one in four cameras are damaged or missing.

BBC News

Attachments

• 1693581975463.png
    1693581975463.png
    363.6 KB
  • 1693582066122.png
    1693582066122.png
    371.4 KB
Don't you just love preening popinjays like Khan, he gets driven around in a bullet proof range rover ,which he insisted was provided for him, which i will hazard a guess is a v8 to pull the weight, and then hammers ordinary workers with charges they can't afford for having the affront of going to work.
I very much hope he loses the upcoming mayoral elections just to see the look on his face.

I may not be correct absolutely on this as I can not get the reg to confirm the car but it is a 5.0 litre supercharged petrol engine with approx emissions of 348ish but as I have said I can not 100% say that is bang on

Latest posts

Back