Thoughts of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just thought it might be nice to have a thread where members could post any wisdom and advice they come across in the form of a short message. Any useful sayings and quotes really.

such as:

"if you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything" (Marilyn Monroe)

If you marry a girl you no longer have the abilty to make her laugh, hence she no longer will do anything for you. :rofl:

Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.
Jennie Jerome Churchill

No-one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't drink water, fish f**k in it.
W.C. Fields

Come quickly! I am tasting stars!

Dom Perignon (1638-1715) at the moment of his discovering champagne.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
Douglas Adams

"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"
Stan Laurel

and on a more serious note

"To ask may be but a moment's shame, not to ask and remain ignorant is a lifelong shame."
Japanese proverb

a mate of mine who fences once said:
"It is not about the winning; it's about the not-getting-stabbed-in-the-********"
Seems like it could apply to life in general :D

Life is just a bowl of All Bran, you wake up every morning and it`s there.

Steve Marriot

It is my design to die in a brewhouse; let ale be placed to my mouth when i am expiring, that when the choir of angles come, they may say "Be God propitious to this drinker" ..... Saint Colombanus

Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Howard Thurman

"The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese"
ANON

Latest posts

Back