the countdown is on

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunfie said:
Oakey22 said:
Tesco have some pop up ones that look good, takes 2 mins to put up and take down :)

Cant wait, Wife is dropping me off on the Friday and picking me up on the Sunday :)

What time everyone getting there on the Friday?

I think Wez and I will be there early afternoon. I believe Wez is dragging me to the Cash and Carry in the morning to get the supplies (I think he is planning to buy some stuff to run a camp tuck shop :lol: ).

Buy some condoms, and give em out to all attending (to use as ad hoc airlocks of course) :shock:

Up

Been trying to decide which 'shade of stout' to enter in the dry stout category... 'Pirate' (with molasses and spices) or 'whisky' (with peat-smoked malt)..

Necessitated trying one of each but still not sure so going to bring the labels and enough of each to choose on a whim on Saturday morning... also crated up the assorted no-category-so-ones-to-share-after-closing-time beers :-D

Got my smoked haggis slices for breakfast... packing van Friday morning- can't wait!

Might even chuck a bottle of westvleteren in for luck - what with it being a special event and all!

I WILL have a completely spare 6' x 4' bit of 3" thick foam from the 'upstairs bed' of the van which anyone who hates foam ground mats will be welcome to luxuriantly sleep on... Looking forward to seeing some people I;ve met a few times and meeting a good laod more...

One more sleep :party:

I need to reset my body clock though, unless anyone else will fancy joining me for breakfast between 4-5am.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gutted I'm not making this! :( :( :(

I'm at work tonight so have all Friday, Sat, Sunday off, but have to go back to Richmond for a Christening! When she growns up, my future God daughter better apreciate what I gave up for her! :D

Hope you all have a cracking time! Good luck to all competitors!

I'm sure I'll catch up with the Northern contingent in Huddersfield or Lancaster and hear all about it!

Cheers

LB

2 more sleeps for me, I double booked the Friday night forgot I was competing in a 3 hr endurance go karting. So I'll be in early morning Saturday, and the Landy is still looking like a no show :(

I've not been around again recently, no way will my health allow me to attend :roll:

So all I can do is wish you all the very best for this weekend and hope the weathers kind, especially to those 'loitering within tent' :roll: collective groan allowed at this point :oops:

Hope after the :cheers: :drink: and :drunk: there's not too many :sick: have fun guys and gals :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hope you all have a great time :thumb: :thumb: .

As a secret brewer I don't think I could tell her on friday night I was just nipping out for a little while and arrive back on Sunday afternoon hung over. However I will join you for a drink from the comfort of my armchair.

Good Luck and those of you who will be having a disco in a tent hope you don't get wet and the weather holds out.

Cheers

Alistair

So disappointed I can't make it.

On the plus side, it's because I'm going on a stag do which starts with a beer festival on Friday night near Chesterfield.

Have fun everyone.

Looks like I'll just be coming for a bit on Friday,(afternoon/evening) as I've been asked to work on Saturday, and seeing as it's a new job, I can't really turn it down, but we may come back on the Saturday, depending on SWMBO.....

Well folks im working tonight so Moley if your up for breakfast I'll join you however it'll be tea for me need to get some sleep then im there whoopie :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I may even put a duvet and pillow in the car in case I feel the need to stop over, if I get a bit "tired" :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumb:

Oakey22 - cheers, mate... We'll have to meet up sometime, seeing as you're so local, if I don't see you over the weekend...

Wez - do we have to wear "HI - I'm" stickers....? :wha:

Moley - I'll be up at 04-42 in the morning, so I'll say "Hello" if you're on..

Stephen

adrianmole72 said:
Wez - do we have to wear "HI - I'm" stickers....? :wha:

When I do the twissups, some people wear a "twadge". Just a badge with their avatar on it.

I lost mine.

I suspect I'll be recognisable anyway.

i am currently sitting in the departure lounge at Edinburgh Airport. I almost nipped intp the Witherspoons to get some extra practice but decided to be good. Anyway, don't really like drinking before I fly (sunday is going to murder :roll: ).

Latest posts

Back