Storing Sanitiser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerJ

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to brewing and have recently done my first AG brew. Whilst doing this I made some sanitiser up (Brewsafe) powder mix and put it into a spray bottle. My question is, does / will it loose effectiveness over time? I would like to keep it in there rather than waste it every time. I also have a liquid based sanitiser (seems similar to starsan) to use next. Will this be the same??

Thanks

I use Chemsan and believe it is good for a few months at least. I make up 10ltr batches in a plastic tub that has a lid and decant all I need from that. Also use the but to chuck bottles in on bottling day and pull the bottles straight out of the tub, give it s good shake and fill. Never had any issues with infection so far so seems to do the trick.

I use Chemsan and believe it is good for a few months at least. I make up 10ltr batches in a plastic tub that has a lid and decant all I need from that. Also use the but to chuck bottles in on bottling day and pull the bottles straight out of the tub, give it s good shake and fill. Never had any issues with infection so far so seems to do the trick.
Thanks for the reply mate!

A lot of powdered are oxi based and deplete just leaving water and soda Ash (I think!) so cease to be a sanitiser or a cleaner. You'll need to mix up a fresh batch evert time unless it smells of chlorine.

Back