Sterilising

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brycey

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys
Starting my first brew in a couple of day's.Can anyone tell me if it's ok to use milton baby steriliser on my FV and equipment.

Cheers

Yes mate i often use them. Make sure you rinse well though.

Cheers guy's just bought 2lt of thin bleach for 25p don't think you can get much cheaper than that

Ive never used bleach. Do u use it on all ur equipment and cornies. I did use vwp but then swopped to ritchies steriliser @£7 for 500g and wilko's steriliser.
How much bleach to water do u use? Do u have to rinse the stuff alot in water to get rid of the bleach

neddy said:
Ive never used bleach. Do u use it on all ur equipment and cornies. I did use vwp but then swopped to ritchies steriliser and wilko's steriliser.
Do u have to rinse the stuff alot in water to get rid of the bleach
Just flush bucket etc with hot water, i use the bath so i have a hot tap and hand shower fitted. For bottles i use a plastic container, about 20 litre i think, mix the bleach with the water as per instructions on the steriliser stickie in ths forum, rinse each bottle with warm water, a good shake and thats it. :thumb:

Thanks bottler.
Ill have to give it a try when i run out of steriliser as it will be loads cheaper

Yeah thats why i swopped to the ritchies steriliser as i saw a topic u wrote saying not to use it on the cornies. Is the ritchies ok to use on the stainless

Asking as its not chlorine based it ok I mainly use oxy clean then a good wash out with bleach and spray the nooks and crannys with videne

+6 for thin bleach. If you sterilise in the bathtub, move some of the toiletries around and crack on to the missus that you also cleaned the bathroom whilst you were in there!

Bleach is good and inexpensive sanitizer.

You just need to be sure to rinse the snot out of everything that came in contact with it with very hot water.

Brewing tends to be very water intensive. I guess that is one of the reasons beer is not brewed much in desert regions. ...well that and, of course, Islamic Law.

- Scott

Latest posts

Back