Second time around

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandy

Reaction score
As I'm knew to this if like to say thanks for all your input and advice.

I've ordered my second kit thanks to ghostship for the recommendation. I've gone with dark rock session IPA with enhancer as recommended.

I've also ordered some PET plastic bottles in 500mm size, another 5gallon bucket with tap. Pure brew water improver to remove chlorine as I've had that homebrew taste from my first batch. I'm hoping for a better, more fresher and tasty pint this time around.

Also I have bought some beer findings thanks to further research on this forum and this will be used in conjunction with the second bucket.

Lastly because black tick charges for delivery I bought another kit. This time I've taken a Risk with a cheaper kit Mangroves APA to get the free delivery.

Thanks again for all the advice.

My first brew btw was MYO American pale ale. And came in at 4.6 abv

Someone on here might have recommendations on how you can pimp the APA if you are concerned about how it might turn out.
It came out alright. I'm pleased with the abv. I think using tap water without treatment even through we have great water where we live in Scotland will make for a better cleaner brew. I have that homebrew taste but it is nicely hoppy which I like. Abv for this kit was supposed to be 5.4% from memory. I've chucked the box and instructions out so I might be wrong but I think my brew is slightly under the stated abv

Sorry, me not being clear as usual. I was talking about the mangrove kit that you think is a risk.

My latest brew was the first all grain I’ve done with tap water. Couldn’t believe how small amount of the de-chlorinating powder (can’t remember which one I used) I needed. It was a small brew though. Good job I’ve got a set of scales that can measure that small. I also didn’t expect to have to wear gloves ashock1

Sorry, me not being clear as usual. I was talking about the mangrove kit that you think is a risk.

My latest brew was the first all grain I’ve done with tap water. Couldn’t believe how small amount of the de-chlorinating powder (can’t remember which one I used) I needed. It was a small brew though. Good job I’ve got a set of scales that can measure that small. I also didn’t expect to have to wear gloves ashock1
Gloves. Right. ✅ Will get some rubber gloves. I got it off black rock so I'm expecting it to be pretty decent. They seem to be very competitive price wise in the MYO beer market. I bought a new tub with a tap off them and it was half the price of a similar one off Amazon.

Latest posts

Back