Rodcx500 brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre boil gravity 1044 bang on
IMG_2079.jpeg

So… if a cold ipa is where you make an ipa wort and ferment with lager yeast are you doing a hot pilsner?
Cold IPA isn't fermented cold even when using lager yeast. The key thing is to maximise the thiols from the hops while keeping a completely clear- not even hazy- beer, which is then served cold or chilled. The best yeast in the Fermentis range for this type of "biotransformation" is their K-97, which is a Kolsch yeast. I've used Høg Norsk, a similar yeast to good effect.
No idea of how Midland will achieve this, but with a shed load of Tropical England it's going to be a great beer.
You've got me tempted, @Rodcx500z ,I've got a pile of T E needs using up...

Cold IPA isn't fermented cold even when using lager yeast. The key thing is to maximise the thiols from the hops while keeping a completely clear- not even hazy- beer, which is then served cold or chilled. The best yeast in the Fermentis range for this type of "biotransformation" is their K-97, which is a Kolsch yeast. I've used Høg Norsk, a similar yeast to good effect.
No idea of how Midland will achieve this, but with a shed load of Tropical England it's going to be a great beer.
You've got me tempted, @Rodcx500z ,I've got a pile of T E needs using up..

Cold IPA is probably one of the many things where the definition becomes grey.

Firestone

Maybe doesn’t have to be brewed cold would be better ?

Interesting about the K-97, might have to give that a try. Particularly when I have a kolsch on my do list athumb..

Sorry my bad, i meant 160 at 20 mins to go but i am now going with 15 mins, there are no bittering hops in this brew
Ah. So tropical England is a hop.

Hang on, googled it and it’s a mix of hops so technically not a smash ashock1.

I suppose it’s out of the same bag, though, so what the heck 😀

Sounds like a nice mix BTW.

Ah. So tropical England is a hop.

Hang on, googled it and it’s a mix of hops so technically not a smash ashock1.

I suppose it’s out of the same bag, though, so what the heck 😀

Sounds like a nice mix BTW.
It is a nice mix, bought 450gr from CML, so far i have tried it with pilsner malt it was very nice and didn't last long, this one is with crisps best ale malt

IMG_2172.jpeg
At a bit of a loose end today so I thought I would brew a tropical England. Got to the boil got hops ready went for the yeast o dear all I have is 9gr of youngs and an out of date cml cider yeast, I could have swore I had some midland, ah well in for a penny in for a pound it’s going in

Back