Rhubarb beer................. Blow your head off LOL.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Beerbelly

Reaction score
:thumb: Hello, I haven't been on the site for a while. I've made a few odd recipes this year so far ( all experiments ) but, my favourite is " Rhubarb, Marmalade and Ginger beer ". This is fantastic. It's been brewing in Ox bar bottles for the last two month's, be patient........... :rofl:
I used a Young Definitive beer, x2 large bags of Tate and Lyle sugar, newly grown Rhubarb from my garden, x2 large Ginger roots grated and x2 jars of Marmalade.
Mix the Wort with the sugar and boiling water, mix the Marmalade in with a pint of boiling water and put the Ginger in. Airate the batch, top up with water and let it ferment with the yeast.
My batch fermented for two weeks, the Rhubarb settled on the top as scum ( I reckoned it might have sunk ).
After three weeks I filtered the beer and bottled up used a full tea spoon of Honey in each pint bottle.
WOW it's spot on. Slightly sour with the Rhubarb. Very tastey, good carbonation from natural sugars.
I only drink x2 a night............ :nono: More, it's blows your head off.
I've only got x80 odd pints to go. I love Summer................. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back