Bikes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some bike's just feel better ridden at certain speeds tho🤣

some times ragging a less powerful bike feels more satisfying that babying a big bike.

Example given try one of the mental jap 250 inline fours from the 80s, crazy high red lines (20k) but possible to have fun without breakneck speeds.

The current trend towards twins with instant power delivery is polar opposite to winding up an inline four, so depends what you enjoy.

Not my thing but the big one cylinder thumpers have their fans.

If you can find a good one the old Honda CB500 can be a cheap but great fun toy to thrash all day.

If you want something sportier the little Ninja 250 or 300 is very light and fun without crazy power or top end

Honda CB300 comes in naked and faired models as well

I'd like a bike but nothing too fast, just something to plod around, though when I did the CBT the 125 was definitely too slow.
There are plenty of bikes in the 500cc to 600cc range which will suit new riders.
Agreed small bikes will struggle on a motorway in a headwind so these are the sort of size that will commute are ideal for a sunny day spin or even tour if you wish.
You don't need 200bhp and 180mph top speed.Who does?

The current trend towards twins with instant power delivery is polar opposite to winding up an inline four, so depends what you enjoy.
Thought the trend was all to do with emissions?, possibly production costs and sound? Perception of speed vs reality, isn't sound detectors a thing now in some places or is that just some counselors wet dream?

Thought the trend was all to do with emissions?, possibly production costs and sound? Perception of speed vs reality, isn't sound detectors a thing now in some places or is that just some counselors wet dream?

I find modern bikes a bit different I have an old 2001 Fazer 600 engine has decent low mid range but being an inline 4 it can scream but the longer stroke of the older engine rally helps the torque.

Modern twins have massive low end but no the drama and sound track top end.

not saying either is right or wrong btw

I have seen it all now -

1728121586910.png

Latest posts

Back