Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time tomorrow that bird will be £10.

The day after that most of it' will be here :D

1703351094364.png

Thing is with cars even if you do find the problem there's often an odd size reverse tool you need to fix it!
My lads corsa...something daft like a 7.5mm socket to get the heater fuse thingy from inside and up in the passenger footwell. I had some imperial sockets that fitted,all done blind as its awkward as hell to get at it.Also the petrol cap solenoid is on reverse torx.

And you could diagnose and fix problems yourself rather than have to plug it into another computer.

You could, to be honest i dont miss the what seemed regular setting of the points and plug gap plugs today seem to last for years maybe because there is no lead in the petrol.

Earlier this year I had a bit of power loss and a misfire on my owd 15 plate astra. Its only done 30k with full service history. Turned out to be the plugs,it's sweet now.

So, how often should you change your spark plugs? That depends on a variety of factors, including the type of spark plugs your vehicle uses:
  • Ordinary copper and nickel spark plugs should be changed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles, unless otherwise suggested by the spark plug manufacturer.
  • Platinum and iridium spark plugs tend to last longer than standard copper and nickel spark plugs. Expect to change them every 60,000 to 150,000 miles unless otherwise noted.
https://www.mmgauto.com/how-often-should-i-have-my-spark-plugs-replaced-.htm

The head of the screws are located on the back of the solenoid and driver block and slot into holes in the bodywork. The ends of the screws go right through block and have reverse torxs,so to remove the solenoid you have to unscrew from that end to loosen the screw heads to free it. I got it working with some wd40 but it's playing up again ...locks ok but temperamental with unlocking. So a palaver at the pump! My lad has just left his boot trim off for now and if it sticks he manually frees it. I'll sort it out next week.

Or a complete bike. I used to be on a bike forum and someone on there always bought white bikes so his girlfriend didn't know it was a different bike.

On the flip side I know someone who had quite a few horses and if she bought another and her husband noticed it in the field she would roll her eyes and says "I've had that for years".

Back