The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince g

Reaction score
Afternoon all, Vince from sunny Suffolk. I'm a returning homebrewer, pretty sure I was once a member on this site or one that looked very much like it, but I've not brewed for probably 10 years.

At present I have 15 litres of cider on the go from the Dabinet and Hereford Redstreak trees at my allotment, first time I've had sufficient and of decent enough quality to make something worthwhile from them. I have questions though which I'll put in the relevant section on here at some point.

Making this cider has also prompted me to buy a couple of beer kits and dust off and sterilise my old equipment. Style-wise I like anything with plenty of flavour and decent strength. CAMRA member for 20+ years so always been a beer drinker, but so much more out there these days and my tastes have diversified a lot. Love the strong blonde and tripel Belgian styles and much to my surprise I quite like some of the fruit sours - there's an increasingly bizarre range being made by a brewer in Leith that I'm enjoying at the moment. Not sure if I'm allowed to name names. Only thing I can't get along with is the really heavily hopped craft beers, they're too much and give me chronic heartburn!

Anyway enough wittering, look forward to chatting, cheers

Latest posts

Back