new to the brew!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droog

Reaction score
Hello all!
I am a noob at brewing and have recently attempted a youngs lager kit. I am currently waiting impatiently at the stage of conditioning. I have bought a pressure barrel to condition the brew and it is currently still cloudy (2 weeks in) although it tastes fine (maybe still has a little yeastiness to it's smell). The beer is also coming out of the tap as a very lively beer with a lot of foam? I primed the barrel with 85g of brewers sugar as directed but wonder if I barrelled it to early? I have been reading a lot of the posts on here and have decided to give it another week!
I Hope to try a lot more of the more adventurous recipes and may well need the members help (possibly life saving). :)
Cheers!
Col. (droog).

Welcome to the forum :cheers:
85grams is just right, sounds like you've got good carbonation. The trick is to open the tap very slowly until the glass nearly full then open it up a bit to give it a bit of head :thumb:

Hello,
Thanks for the quick replies! Even with the tap a little open it sounds fierce! Hydrometer reading was 1006 (when the instructions said to barrel). I haven't tested since..... Will do so :)

Back