Monitoring leccy usage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep but it still doesn't make sense not to have them when you are all electric & cover your house in panels.
(I have 10kwh batteries & 6kw inverter)
The main thing is not to let the charge drop too low, mine is set to 20% minimum. But you should also only charge to 90% to stop overcharging issues, but then you loose 30% capacity.
(My system always charges to full as it had no max charge limit until a recent update & that doesn't seem to work on my kit yet)

Yep but it still doesn't make sense not to have them when you are all electric & cover your house in panels.
The main thing is not to let the charge drop too low, mine is set to 20% minimum. But you should also only charge to 90% to stop overcharging issues, but then you loose 30% capacity.
(My system always charges to full as it had no max charge limit until a recent update & that doesn't seem to work on my kit yet)
What system do you have? I've heard different things (ie. You can charge/discharge using the full depth of charge - but it might be because the givenergy batteries have a larger capacity than they tell you to build in that over charge/undercharge protection)

I could not get the ROI to add up.

Or use something like this

1727244973345.png
I have an old one for a time when I was looking to get an idea of the costs of running things around the house to see what we needed to economise on. They can be programmed with your tariff and are reasonably accurate.

What system do you have? I've heard different things.
I have a solis inverter & 2*5Kwh pylontech batteries.

@MashBag If you have gas for heating/cooking, you don't get ROI, but were electric only with storage heaters and young adults at home (cooking power is as much as heating power when averaged over the year) when the energy crisis started. Overnight payback time halved to 7-8 years.

Latest posts

Back