Monitoring leccy usage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep but it still doesn't make sense not to have them when you are all electric & cover your house in panels.
(I have 10kwh batteries & 6kw inverter)
The main thing is not to let the charge drop too low, mine is set to 20% minimum. But you should also only charge to 90% to stop overcharging issues, but then you loose 30% capacity.
(My system always charges to full as it had no max charge limit until a recent update & that doesn't seem to work on my kit yet)

Yep but it still doesn't make sense not to have them when you are all electric & cover your house in panels.
(I have 10kwh batteries & 6kw inverter)
The main thing is not to let the charge drop too low, mine is set to 20% minimum. But you should also only charge to 90% to stop overcharging issues, but then you loose 30% capacity.
(My system always charges to full as it had no max charge limit until a recent update & that doesn't seem to work on my kit yet)
What system do you have? I've heard different things (ie. You can charge/discharge using the full depth of charge - but it might be because the givenergy batteries have a larger capacity than they tell you to build in that over charge/undercharge protection)

Latest posts

Back