Malt Miller Landlord recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey
Not been around for a while as been doing other things than brewing but thought it was about time to dust off the kit and make a brew.
For simplicity I decided to go with an AG kit and fancy the TT Landlord from MM.
I have one query though, the recipe found HERE and quoted below gives a mash out at 75C for 10 mins, but does the 0 minute addition go in at 75C after the 10 mins?

Also curious about a water profile, I believe it should be around 2Cl to 1SO4 but otherwise no idea?

Thanks in advance

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 66
Length (mins): 90
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

THE BOIL
Boil time (mins): 90

Additions and timing:

90 mins – 30g EKG and 30g Celieia (Styrian Golding)
10 mins – 20g Celieia (Styrian Golding)
0 mins – 20g Celieia (Styrian Golding)

Secondary additions and timing:

N/A

Hey
Not been around for a while as been doing other things than brewing but thought it was about time to dust off the kit and make a brew.
For simplicity I decided to go with an AG kit and fancy the TT Landlord from MM.
I have one query though, the recipe found HERE and quoted below gives a mash out at 75C for 10 mins, but does the 0 minute addition go in at 75C after the 10 mins?

Also curious about a water profile, I believe it should be around 2Cl to 1SO4 but otherwise no idea?

Thanks in advance

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 66
Length (mins): 90
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

THE BOIL
Boil time (mins): 90

Additions and timing:

90 mins – 30g EKG and 30g Celieia (Styrian Golding)
10 mins – 20g Celieia (Styrian Golding)
0 mins – 20g Celieia (Styrian Golding)

Secondary additions and timing:

N/A

Is it strange that EKG is used only for bittering ? I would have thought it would have made an appearance later on.

Is it strange that EKG is used only for bittering ? I would have thought it would have made an appearance later on.
Looking around at various recipes for TT Landlord they all seem to have different hop additions, I have one I was going to brew that bitters with Fuggle and Styrian Goldings, then EKG at 15 and Styrian at flameout, I wish I knew the best approach but I have gone for MM's kit simply for ease on my first brew back.

Looking around at various recipes for TT Landlord they all seem to have different hop additions, I have one I was going to brew that bitters with Fuggle and Styrian Goldings, then EKG at 15 and Styrian at flameout, I wish I knew the best approach but I have gone for MM's kit simply for ease on my first brew back.

Wise.

I'm sure that if I had a go at concocting a TT recipe it would be different again. MM will have done their research so it will be a brewable recipe that will be not far out.

Landlord is one of those bitters from the 80s (or maybe earlier), there were only a few hop varieties around back then - most beers had a combinations of EKG, Fuggles and Challenger. Kinda hard to believe now, none of the "C" hope were around.

Also, the recipe is from the Graham Wheeler book, which is a rough approximation rather than info from the brewer...although most of his recipes are pretty good, I've made many from his book.

The head brewer at TT's lists Savinjski hops amongst Fuggles and Whitbread Goldings
Sounds about right. Way back in the day I used to get a bit of pineapple citrus from Landlord. Now it seems incredibly subtle compared to the modern extra hop forward beers

Sounds about right. Way back in the day I used to get a bit of pineapple citrus from Landlord. Now it seems incredibly subtle compared to the modern extra hop forward beers
It does yes, and though I enjoy the hop forward beers I am quite the traditionalist.

Latest posts

Back