Little bottler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've read about a 'Little Bottler' which as far as I can tell is a length of tubing with a spring valve type of gizmo on the bottom of the tube :idea:

I can appreciate this might be handy instead of 'hand operating' the FV tap ......... do they work OK :?: or is this a gizmo not really worth bothering with, just use a piece of tube and 'hand operate' the tap :?:

going to empty last Saturdays brew soon into spare FV for a few days before bottling :!: getting nearer with first brew :D

I found it saves a lot of time, just touch the bottom of the bottle with it and wait till you her the pitch of the noise rise as the beer hits the neck of the bottle, and remove, perfect fill every time and no need to operate a tap.

Well worth the fiver or so imho.

I prefer my Phil's Philler . . . Being Stainless ;)
Well I did until I got my Beer Gun
:D

As the other guys have said..... they are very good.

The Hop & Grape do a bottle filling stick where the valve is sprig loaded....these IMO are better than the standard gravity valve of the 'little bottler'

I just bought a fermtech bottling stick from Stonehelme and it worked excellently well, and that was on a syphon not a tap... i think the little bottler is a tap as well??

markp said:

The Hop & Grape do a bottle filling stick where the valve is sprig loaded....these IMO are better than the standard gravity valve of the 'little bottler'
Agreed! I use the spring loaded type and they are a godsend. I'm currently assembling a twin filler using two of these; so I can speed up my bottling a little. :D

markp said:

Thanks Mark :thumb:

Have now sent off for one of these to H&G (and a few other bits n bobs) hopefully be here in time for bottling at the weekend :cheers:

Got the bottling stick which arrived today, have given it a trial run, just with water in spare FV, what a great little bit of kit :thumb:

well worth having, thanks for the info guys :thumb:

Back