Line Cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamsAleHouse

Reaction score
I used to clean beer lines for a living, but I've never had to do a cask system. Now I have my own pub with 2 cask products. How do I go about cleaning the lines. My vertical draw cask system is separate from the regular keg system. My two beer engines sit about 8 feet directly above the casks in the cellar below. Is there a special connection for the swan neck?

Fill a CLEAN bucket with fresh water. Unscrew the cask take off connection from the cask taps and dump them in the bucket of water. Pull the water through from the beer engines and dump it.

Make up some line cleaner according to the strength on the bottle in the bucket. Now pull this solution through the lines from the beer engines. Leave some in the lines for 20 minutes, then pull a bit more through. Then throughly flush the lines out with fresh cold water.

Done.

Don't leave the cleaning solution in the lines for too long, 20 minutes is fine. Don't leave it overnight.

Latest posts

Back