Labels - How? What?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheyMouse

Drinking Buddy
Reaction score
I have noticed on some threads that some of you make your own labels. I was wondering what do you use for the labels? Do you use regular office-style sticking labels that you put through a printer? Is there a recommended type?
I have the small labels that you stick on boxes, and they will be great for the first few brews. However, if I make a brew that is good enough to give to friends and family I would like to plonk a decent label on. :)

Use whatever you are comfortable with :thumb:
If they are for my own consumption I don't label I just scrawl the initials of the name of the brew on the crown cap.
If I make labels up I print them on normal printer/copier paper, get the kids to cut them out and stick them on using milk, cheap and efficient :D

I 'Design' my labels using Beer Label Builder . . .. then save the Extra large JPEG image to my PC where I fart around in photoshop before printing the labels off on laser labels using the laser printer at work.

I Use Staples STLAS8 which are 99.1 by 67.6mm (Same size as Beer Label Builders ;) ) which are also replacements for Avery J8165 /L7165.

Of course I can also print non standard labels on plain paper and cut them out sticking them on with Pritt stick glue.

Likewise above, also available there is the Seal Maker which is getting a little overloaded lately, but still very customisable. Print onto paper then use milk to stick (it contains casein which acts like a glue) with the advantage of being relatively easy to remove.

Once again the forum comes up trumps! :thumb:

My dad used to use milk to stick labels on his wine bottles, but i wasn't sure if it works well with regular paper.

I will have to start designing my own label all ready for when my brews get made.

Thanks all.

i use labelmaker.com, and i use a pritt stick to stick them on, all has been great..until lately, i put my wine in the shed, and because of the condensation, all the ink has run out the label!!!! :( :(

Indeed, i've used something similar. Just created the design in photoshop and printed onto large pieces of sticky A4 paper. Then cut them out and attached them. However I only do that for "special" brews. Everything else goes into a keg anyhow.

Latest posts

Back