Klarstein Garkeller Pro - Worry over nothing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supayido

Reaction score
Just received my ss conical fermenter and noticed that one of the welds of the legs appears to have made it through to the inside of the vessel. Will obviously sterilise well before use, but am worried about beer spoiling in it. Genuine reason to be concerned or just being over the top?

Pic attached.

Cheers,

Paul

Attachments

• 20201101_094917.jpg
    20201101_094917.jpg
    10.8 KB
I can't see if it's burnt through or not from the picture. Check that it's Watertight before you use it. Wouldn't be happy with that myself though, surely shouldn't have passed quality control like that. Ask them to replace it?

I would give it a good scrub with Bar Keeper's Friend. This will also ensure the SS is fully passivated. What I see is just heat discolouration.

I can't see if it's burnt through or not from the picture. Check that it's Watertight before you use it. Wouldn't be happy with that myself though, surely shouldn't have passed quality control like that. Ask them to replace it?
Its definitely burnt through. It is watertight, but I just don't feel comfortable.

Contacted them and they issued a refund immediately. Maybe this is a common fault?!

It can't be both
I've attached close up picture or the two welds holding the leg on. It catches my skin as I run my finger over it. I've also filled it with water and it doesn't leak lol. Burned through but the weld has sealed it by the looks of it. Just wasn't what I was expecting from klarstein. I thought they were a decent brand from the reviews I'd read.

They are picking it up fortunately. The search goes on for a decent ss conical fermenter!

Latest posts

Back