Kit for carbonating ale with cartridges?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega

Reaction score
I am travelling abroad and want to impress my in-laws with my brew. I do not want fully carbonate my ale before the flight, but on arrival because it is not permitted to take CO2 soda cartridges on flights, so I have to buy them there. I won't stay long enough to use carbonation drops. What kit I should buy to carbonate using normal soda CO2 cartridges? At home, I use large CO2 bottle, KegLand Carbonation Tee Piece and about 4 Kegland plastic carbonation caps.
I intend transporting my ale in 2-litre plastic bottles from Cola-Fanta
Thanks

You don't say where you are flying from/to or which airline, but I can confidently tell you that many airlines allow you to carry 2 x 16Oz CO2 cartridges in your hand luggage and I have done so on many occasions. Best check your airline info.

If its an English ale why don’t you bottle it just before the yeast clears up all the remaining sugars.. I never bottle prime my ales and they usually pour perfect..you’d be surprised how much sugar remains after u reach your target FG.

Apologies for not answering your question, but why do you want to carbonate your beer when you arrive at your destination rather than carbonate it here before you fly?
I was wondering this too. I would just carbonate it prior to travel, especially as you already plan to use cola bottles and have all the required equipment.

Back