King Keg & Pressured fermentation - possible or advisable?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolando

Reaction score
Hi All!

First post so go easy :). I've been looking at the Fermzilla/Fermentasaurus thinking how great it would be to pressure ferment, and save moving from one vessel to another, and maybe push it to a keg w/o oxygen contact.

Then I thought, could I just brew with a king keg? Vs. using a bucked them moving. I can't see why not, I could just get another lid, attach a spunding valve, and ferment away (upto 15psi).

Obviously I wouldn't be able to move it to another vessel (corny) but why would I need to? I'm sure there is some silly reason not to do this, but it makes sense, and would save some of the faff!

Anyhow, hello all, and TIA for any replies and help!

Anyone? Is this simply such a bad idea no-one will even respond 😳

I know they can only take 15 psi? Maybe I'll do it as an experiment...

I have an old PB sitting doing nothing and I did consider fermenting in it with the cap on.

Seems to me that you'd get a ready made spunding valve set to 15 psi by using the cap?

Never got around to this though!

I guess you're correct, the cap/co2 injector has a release valve at 15 psi (I believe but don't know) seems like it is worth a try!!

I'm surprised no-one has done thought of this before( I can't find any references to it being done really), the only advantage of the two vessel system is getting it off the yeast, which would settle anyhow. Unless I'm mistaken...

Latest posts

Back