Kegerator Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrin_Abara

Reaction score
If i were to buy the same fridge, would it fit a corny keg, possibly two so I can convert to a Kegerator?

Attachments

• 8E09CEDE-14A8-4324-AD02-484FF3089114.jpeg
    8E09CEDE-14A8-4324-AD02-484FF3089114.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 76
If i were to buy the same fridge, would it fit a corny keg, possibly two so I can convert to a Kegerator?
That's a tricky one to answer because different types of Corny are different sizes... The limiting dimension tends to be the space between the bulge that the motor sits behind and the moulding on the inside of the fridge door. However if your fridge is tall enough inside you might be able to sit a short Corny on top of the bulge.

To be honest this sizing problem is one of the main reasons holding me back from getting a fridge - I'm thinking I might in fact take an empty Corny down to Curry's and try it in a couple of different fridges (yes, I know they will think I'm mad 😄

That's a tricky one to answer because different types of Corny are different sizes... The limiting dimension tends to be the space between the bulge that the motor sits behind and the moulding on the inside of the fridge door. However if your fridge is tall enough inside you might be able to sit a short Corny on top of the bulge.

To be honest this sizing problem is one of the main reasons holding me back from getting a fridge - I'm thinking I might in fact take an empty Corny down to Curry's and try it in a couple of different fridges (yes, I know they will think I'm mad 😄

To be honest sir, that sounds like a plan. better to have the keg/kegs first.
I went down the larder fridge route (from Argos ashock1) for my Barrelater. I can get two King Kegs in with 2 taps at chest height so I don’t have to bend over to pour a beerclapa
View attachment 52299
the larder fridge would be out of the question at the minute due to space. My idea was to put an under counter on top of the one I have already (fermentation fridge). This will be a slow time project anyway as I have reliable pressure barrels for now. But a kegerator is the dream .

Instead of taking a while keg why don't you cut out a cardboard circle, unless it is the height you are worried about.

It’s both tbh. I thought the 19ltr ones were all identical but apparently not. I suspect the fridge I use for fermentation will be okay, In which case I’ll just buy the same one again for conversion.

i got a fridge for free. from freecycle. taps regulator from china and grade1 kegs from malt miller. had to order a 22m drill bit. cheap project.

I found a medium sized larder fridge on which is only 145cm tall not the usual 185cm on Gumtree.
Paid £20 for it the top plastic coating has pealed off but it works great as a fermenting fridge in my shed.
Looking for another one the same size to build a kegerator.

Class mate. I’ve been to curry’s this morning fridge measuring. Ordered one 😎 with a bit of luck I might be up and running in no time at all.
As i mentioned. Fridge was free. Kegs were reconditioned £98. Ive got the lines. Taps and gas bottle ( gas bottle full. also free) Taps £28 for 2 long shank taps. Regulator twin gauge £24 and disconnects £9 for all 4. Taps discon and reg all from Aliexpress. Just waiting for the arrival of the discons and regulator in the next week or 2. In time for the first fill. 👍

Yes had planned to do just that - but then I thought how will I know if it fits when the door is closed, as a cardboard disk might go under the intrusion from the door?
Take a tape measure with H/D of the kegs,this is what I did at my local Currys for Keezer.

I will eventually put another in but was wondering about tap position now. I could go through the side of I was guaranteed not to hit anything. Obviously I’ll be extremely careful

Latest posts

Back