Just stop oil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lock them up for disrupting events but not for protesting.

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thats right Benfleet as the main culprits are sabre rattling and doing nothing and our measly 1% is not even worth putting the poorer end of society through it.
Why do the poorer end of society have to put through it. I think the oil/gas companies have plenty of money to sort things out

Because they can not afford EV's , most need a cheap car to get to work also the ULEZ expansion is going to hit everybody in those areas the poorest worse the wealthier can afford to buy the relevant vehicles.
How do they pay electric and gas hikes as we become more dependant on foreign markets as some people want to shut down our own supplies that leaves us more open to the exterior markets.
The 1% we contribute is a drop in the ocean until we get everybody doing the same it's pointless

It's so easy to
Why do the poorer end of society have to put through it. I think the oil/gas companies have plenty of money to sort things out
I think your answer is in your question, because they have lots of money and with money comes control. Wealth is power in human society and God forbid the politicians cross those with wealth. Much easier to squeeze the little people that don't have wealth and influence unfortunately.

It's so easy to

I think your answer is in your question, because they have lots of money and with money comes control. Wealth is power in human society and God forbid the politicians cross those with wealth. Much easier to squeeze the little people that don't have wealth and influence unfortunately.
No need not to try

I have been listening to 5 live on and off today and from what i hears Sunak is saying if we need to use fossil fuel for a few years why not get it locally rather than pay for it to be brought here adding even more pollution.

1690813684667.png

He is also making a big thing about carbon capture and storage -

What is carbon capture and storage?

You'll have heard this phrase a lot today, as Rishi Sunak announced more funding for carbon capture projects. So let's have a quick rundown of what it is.
Firstly, burning fossil fuels like oil, gas and coal to generate electricity emits CO2, which is the main driver of climate change.
The carbon capture process stops most of the CO2 produced from being released, and either re-uses it or stores it underground.
The government says the North Sea is an ideal place to store CO2 - it has plenty of old empty oil and gas reservoirs, and also permeable rocks known as saline aquifers.
Take a look at how the process works below:

1690813403649.png

Thats right Benfleet as the main culprits are sabre rattling and doing nothing and our measly 1% is not even worth putting the poorer end of society through it.

Let’s face it, we will be burning fossil fuels until there’s none left to burn.

we'd have to grow our fuel instead. with the abundance of co2 in the atmosphere plants grow bigger and so the fuel crop yield would improve? of course dino-juice miners won't embrace this until it becomes the cheaper option. capitalism in action.

I have been listening to 5 live on and off today and from what i hears Sunak is saying if we need to use fossil fuel for a few years why not get it locally rather than pay for it to be brought here adding even more pollution.

View attachment 88448

You'll have heard this phrase a lot today, as Rishi Sunak announced more funding for carbon capture projects. So let's have a quick rundown of what it is.
Firstly, burning fossil fuels like oil, gas and coal to generate electricity emits CO2, which is the main driver of climate change.
The carbon capture process stops most of the CO2 produced from being released, and either re-uses it or stores it underground.
The government says the North Sea is an ideal place to store CO2 - it has plenty of old empty oil and gas reservoirs, and also permeable rocks known as saline aquifers.

View attachment 88447
somethings not right here......

if we are to eat less meat because meat is bad, plants good then why not situate greenhouses/crops around the power station because plants love co2 (no need for carbon capture feed it to the plants) and we are told to eat more plants. Or is it about restricting the food supply slowly, gradually, to us plebs until its too late to respond?

The problem here is the elite throughout history so underestimate the tipping point of the people and then comes chaos and a reset of the dynamic between the rulers and the ruled.

Bit heavy for monday p.m. I'll grant you wink...

From the horses mouth -

I kind of get the "if we are going to burn it we may as well use our own" rather than buy it from people we cannot trust, this carbon capture malarkey is getting some serious slating from those in the know.

View attachment 88448

View attachment 88447
Sunak is in election mode and nothing more

All this bs waffal from them is based on intent, and not outcome which is the result of a 2 generation education system failure, if you don't agree with what they believe you are the devil they just can't think for them self's

I kind of get the "if we are going to burn it we may as well use our own" rather than buy it from people we cannot trust, this carbon capture malarkey is getting some serious slating from those in the know.
apparently 80% of north sea oil goes onto international market,

And apparently
Someone did point out that perhaps Rishi wants a job in the oil industry after the next election.
And the carbon capture malarkey even if it works seems a crazy way around to plan for the future, more of a we're just going to carry on as ever.

Did you hear his excuse for using a private jet to get to Scotland, basically it's what we do and it saves us time, you couldn't make it up.

View attachment 88448

View attachment 88447

Carbon capture. Hmm, I’m not sure I like the idea of sweeping problems under the rug and leaving them for future generations to deal with. It’s the CO2 equivalent of landfill, not cool.

Latest posts

Back