iPace

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own and iPace? Looking to our have our first EV as we do low annual mileage and I can charge FOC at work when on shift.

It will be 3-4 years old with 25-45k on the clock in HSE spec. Maybe first addition if we get lucky.

I have left Landrover Jaguar for good and defected to Toyota.

The difference is amazing. If you want it, get it. But if you want a reliable car, stunning customer service and a 10year warranty, look a through the Toyota range.

Probably no help.

I like the look of the F PACE and wife wants a Disco but too many issues for me.

We have a local Land Rover dealer. More cars in the repair compound than on the forecourt

Does anybody own and iPace? Looking to our have our first EV as we do low annual mileage and I can charge FOC at work when on shift.

It will be 3-4 years old with 25-45k on the clock in HSE spec. Maybe first addition if we get lucky.
By all accounts it's a very good car. You can discount all the reliability talk because that's mostly with ICE cars and bears no relationship to EVs. I know someone who bought a three year old and has now got 85k on it with no issues. Loves it. If it's available on the one you're thinking of, get the extended warranty if you need peace of mind. Less than 1k/yr afaik.

But if you need more info, then the I-Pace forum is the place to go. https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/

Also a useful buyers guide on that forum: https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/threads/used-jaguar-i-pace-buyer's-guide.7704/

Last edited:
I have left Landrover Jaguar for good and defected to Toyota.

The difference is amazing. If you want it, get it. But if you want a reliable car, stunning customer service and a 10year warranty, look a through the Toyota range.

Probably no help.

Having owned Type R’s for 8 years, I understand the Jap/Honda/Toyota reliability argument, however there is more to ownership than that for me.

I’ve just got rid of the A45 AMG, that was far from bullet proof but the ownership was a hoot.

Input is appreciated though.

I understand the Jap/Honda/Toyota reliability argument, however there is more to ownership than that for me.

The Rav 4 has been top in the car buyers charts for ages not just because it is reliable ;)

Last edited:
My last 5 cars in order, 14 plate juke diesel really good traded that for a brand new pug 208 ****, daughter passed her test so let her have that and bought a 15 plate clio ****, got rid and got a pug 2008 belt in oil when it got to 35000 i got shut, i now have a 20 plate juke 1.0L turbo chain drive what a car this will be my last one

Having owned Type R’s for 8 years, I understand the Jap/Honda/Toyota reliability argument, however there is more to ownership than that for me.

Yeah absolutely agree. I had disco's for 14 years. You have to love a land rover....and have a spare one🤣🤣

By all accounts it's a very good car. You can discount all the reliability talk because that's mostly with ICE cars and bears no relationship to EVs. I know someone who bought a three year old and has now got 85k on it with no issues. Loves it. If it's available on the one you're thinking of, get the extended warranty if you need peace of mind. Less than 1k/yr afaik.

But if you need more info, then the I-Pace forum is the place to go. https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/

Also a useful buyers guide on that forum: https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/threads/used-jaguar-i-pace-buyer's-guide.7704/
Major issues with leaking roofs with JLR

My daughter has one. I’ve driven it myself and it is a very nice car - comfortable, responsive, easy to drive, well equipped, good-looking.

Hers goes back this month because it’s reached the end of its lease and she’s quite upset to be giving it up so I guess that tells you something.

Yup snotty good point... Don't have one out of warrenty (and I got that from their chief tech)
Think that applies to all cars these days. If you dig deep enough pretty much all brands haver their own reliability issues, or certainly have from time to time, but any repair on any car these days is horrendously expensive so warranty is pretty important full stop and forget spattering yourself as often you need special tooling or programming capability and good luck trying to isolate problems from the error codes.

Teslas also have a reputation for being bit leaky...as well as many other gripes. I quite like my Tesla, but it is a piece of **** really. I certainly wouldn't buy one with my own money.

My dad has a Jag XF Sportback fully loaded to the hilt. Worth sweet FA due to depreciation and really low milage and like it was driven off the forecourt yesterday. Would love to have it off him...lovely looking car inside and out, but not sure I can stomach the risk of ownership outside of warranty, though to be fair I don't seem to have heard too many horror stories on XF's over the years and know a few people that have had them.

My cousin had an iPace. No issues as far as I'm aware. They've been around for a fair while but still a handsome looking car.

Think that applies to all cars these days. If you dig deep enough pretty much all brands haver their own reliability issues, or certainly have from time to time, but any repair on any car these days is horrendously expensive so warranty is pretty important full stop and forget spattering yourself as often you need special tooling or programming capability and good luck trying to isolate problems from the error codes.

Teslas also have a reputation for being bit leaky...as well as many other gripes. I quite like my Tesla, but it is a piece of **** really. I certainly wouldn't buy one with my own money.

My dad has a Jag XF Sportback fully loaded to the hilt. Worth sweet FA due to depreciation and really low milage and like it was driven off the forecourt yesterday. Would love to have it off him...lovely looking car inside and out, but not sure I can stomach the risk of ownership outside of warranty, though to be fair I don't seem to have heard too many horror stories on XF's over the years and know a few people that have had them.

My cousin had an iPace. No issues as far as I'm aware. They've been around for a fair while but still a handsome looking car.
I have a 2010 XFR and haven’t really had much go wrong. The most expensive thing was the air con compressor which was over £1K but I think it’s not much different on any car and for a car this age you’d expect to replace the air con compressor.

I'm in agreement with some of the comments here and would be very careful purchasing any JLR product as they seemd to be plagued with issues which are broadly down to poor engineering decisions and quality control which runs counter to their brand prestige and accompanying price.

iPaces have just had their 4th recall to fix an ongoing and seemingly difficult to resolve issue with the battery system that has led to an ongoing series of fires which have totalled a number of cars. Owners have been advised by JLR to 'park their cars outside'

F-Pace and Discovery owners are having issues with instantaneous loss of power steering while driving due to water ingress caused by cracking of the rack body.

Range Rover - security, nuf said

Velars, Discoveries, F-Paces and Evoques fitted with 4cyl Diesel Ingenium engine, it's a total disaster. Premature timing chain failures, turbo failures which destroy the engine due to oil contamination, etc. see Jaguar Land Rover 2.0d Ingenium Engine Failure Group

According to JD Power's 2021 survey, Jaguar ranked 31st out of 33 car brands, with Land Rover coming last, Here in the UK, Warrantywise ranked RR last in 2022 too. These surveys are both driven by hard data, not opinions.

The dealers are exhausted and it seems that the cup of goodwill that reimbursed early owners of cars with failures has run dry and JLR are not as forthcoming as they once were with assitance when it all goes wrong.

And against this backdrop JLR have announced that they're going to cut back the number of UK dealers to ~20 as they drop 'volume sales' and attempt to shift Jaguar into the premium brand segment.

They look beautiful and the marketing works, but I'm a lttle too risk averse to roll that dice, even with a warranty.

Last edited:
I have a 2010 XFR and haven’t really had much go wrong. The most expensive thing was the air con compressor which was over £1K but I think it’s not much different on any car and for a car this age you’d expect to replace the air con compressor.
These V8's are pretty reliable that's for sure. More cylinders generally means less RPM per hp and mph, which equates to less engine wear at the expense of higher fuel consumption. Pre GFC cars were built to last too. By engineers.

The big difference between your XFR and today's JLR products is the post GFC ownership shuffle from 2008 to 2010 that led to JLR being sold by Ford to Tata in India, Volvo being sold to Geely, Aston Martin to Prodrive, etc, etc. Since then a new generation of engineers answering to MBA trained accountants have been told to cut corners and the finance and marketing teams have taken over to squeeze evey last drop out of the brand.

The brand may espouse the same virtues as before, but IMO the cars aren't as good as they were.

Latest posts

Back