idiot proof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty198111

Reaction score
i was just wandering if any of you guys would have an idiot proof/ simple way to make wine

or do you happen to know of any good videos that would explain to a complete novice how its done

i know its probally been asked before but i cant seem to find anything on here about it

You cant go wrong with this the IPA is nice to taste and easy to make,it takes about 6 weeks to mature in the bottles or cask once its been fermented.
Muntons premium IPA is probably even easier two tins a bit of hot water 19litres of cold water in a bucket add the yeast that comes with the kit and you off.Just follow the instruction on the back of the box you.Tastes better than some of the rubbish i drank last time i went to the pub,you can drink 5 or 6 pints and suffer no ill effects the next morning at all.Simples

Good luck Graham

bit confused thought you were asking about wine in the first post.

for wine search the posts here worsels sp?, wow or supermarket wines

for beer kits the instructions are generally very good

prolix said:
bit confused thought you were asking about wine in the first post.

for wine search the posts here worsels sp?, wow or supermarket wines

for beer kits the instructions are generally very good

yeah ur right i was actually wandering about making my own wine and lager, i have seen the vids on the lager and that seems easy enough but the wine im unsure about

phoenix68 said:
all the ingredients for a gallon for under a fiver.
First time around it's going to cost you more because you've got to buy pots of pectolase, Campden tablets, sorbate (stabiliser), yeast nutrient etc., but those are good for several gallons so it should average out around 40-45p a bottle at 12-14% abv :cheers:

Moley said:
phoenix68 said:
all the ingredients for a gallon for under a fiver.
First time around it's going to cost you more because you've got to buy pots of pectolase, Campden tablets, sorbate (stabiliser), yeast nutrient etc., but those are good for several gallons so it should average out around 40-45p a bottle at 12-14% abv :cheers:

less than 50p a bottle thats brill, i thought 2 bottles for a fiver was really cheap lol

thanks all for the help

mat

That's an absolute bargain in my book. You would be luck to buy one let alone a couple of descent bottles of wine from a super market for the set up price.

Cheers Graham.

matty198111 said:
less than 50p a bottle thats brill, i thought 2 bottles for a fiver was really cheap lol
The brill part is that if it's made properly (and we'll give you all the help you need) and given a month or two to mellow, I would say it's as good as or better than any £5 bottle of plonk from the supermarket. That's not just my opinion, my friends, neighbours and w**kmates have said so too.

Another recomendation for WOW.
I just passed off a bottle of WOW as comercial white wine by simply decanting it into a clean wine bottle before serving.

matty198111 said:
ciderbob said:
have you had a look on youtube ?
type in craigtube .. he has some good vids
He's fun, but a bit of a kit n kilo evangelist . . . cause we all know kits are so much better than all grain . . . . . . Why is it that you can never find a tongue in Cheek smiley when you want one :lol:

YO matty we doing plum wine now as we speak going to put it in2 DJs in a while been soaking with pectalose (brings out the juice really fast) for 4days . we got the recipe off you tube ((rickvanman)) all one word type it in and follow him. its our first time and going well so far. will be ready in 7 months. doing 5 gallons. good luck :cheers: :whistle:

ciderbob said:
matty198111 said:
ciderbob said:
have you had a look on youtube ?
type in craigtube .. he has some good vids
He's fun, but a bit of a kit n kilo evangelist . . . cause we all know kits are so much better than all grain . . . . . . Why is it that you can never find a tongue in Cheek smiley when you want one :lol:

who loged in as me to make this post.............?

Aleman said:
I think I must have hit Edit . . . When I really meant to hit Quote

You're spot on though Aleman... he frightens the **** out of me! Everytime I see one of his vids I can hear the Twilight Zone music playing somewhere. He has a blinbdspot with AG.

Latest posts

Back