Homebrew Dog Comeptition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my opinion - it is excellent!

Far too drinkable for 7%...
Lovely choc/coffee notes with the occasional (dark choc) orange hit .

Brief chat with tom (very nice guy) admitted the orange peel was a leftover "what the hell" addition and that his first two kit were disasters.

Either the brew dog vermount is super hoppy (as well as awesome IMHO) or I have destroyed my hop palate with my hoppy home brews as the pint of punk in my hand is "ordinary"

And my opinion - it is excellent!

Far too drinkable for 7%...
Lovely choc/coffee notes with the occasional (dark choc) orange hit .

Brief chat with tom (very nice guy) admitted the orange peel was a leftover "what the hell" addition and that his first two kit were disasters.

Either the brew dog vermount is super hoppy (as well as awesome IMHO) or I have destroyed my hop palate with my hoppy home brews as the pint of punk in my hand is "ordinary"

Watched an online review earlier and it came up well.

Just ordered 6. Plus a few others I missed (HMNII, Hardcore and Beatnik) can't wait for the delivery to arrive!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Will have to have a go at that then. Cheers! 🍻

Just priced it up. Would work out to 18p a bottle!

I have two more brews scheduled then this is on the roster!

I only buy brewdog in the slug and lettuce but when in Tesco today I saw this on the shelf. Just chilling it now to go with pizza:thumb:

Just brewed the winner (Tropic Thunder) and other being a little thinner it looks and tastes practically the same!

Blind tested a friend and he said if he hadn't had the real one there he wouldn't have know.

Marked it as a win. 😁
3a687b351bfcfd2205a343bb18a05e6a.jpg

Just to update, brewdog never gave me any feedback :-( I did ask them , whilst I can understand that you'd probably not want to start writing notes after drinking a 10%+ brew it does seem a bit unfair.

I could have tweaked a subsequent entry towards their liking, but i'm not sure i'd enter again. Still it did at least confirm I can knock something out that others like.

Back