Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrh

Reaction score
Hello everyone I've just signed up , I've been making wine from kits for a few years now , I did make beer from kits 30 years ago but haven't made any for years now . I'm thinking of starting making beer , lager and cider again starting from kits to start with, maybe moving over to doing it from scratch in the future . I have most of the things I need already but I'm currently looking for starter kits with bottling wands bottle tree etc as I want to make the process as easy as possible . I have a small lager kit brewing now (5ltr georges brewery) its ready for bottling now but there's no rush as I want to make it as nice as possible. Any advice welcome I'm looking forward to hopefully becoming a fairly competent brewer . Thanks everyone looking forward to your advice .

Ps if there are any guides on here for making beer / cider from kits please can someone post a link as my it skills are near zero acheers.

Welcome to the forum.
If you go into the forums at the top of the page you can choose the relevant threads I.e wine and cider etc and when you open them there are some threads at the tops that help you to do certain things in wine/cider making just open them and view athumb..

I have most of the things I need already but I'm currently looking for starter kits with bottling wands bottle tree etc as I want to make the process as easy as possible

Can you list what you have it'll make it easier for members to advise you on what you need, many home brew shops sell starter kits but if you already have some kit it may be cheaper to buy things separately.

Can you list what you have it'll make it easier for members to advise you on what you need, many home brew shops sell starter kits but if you already have some kit it may be cheaper to buy things separately.
I have a couple of fermentation buckets ,syphons , demijohns spoons etc you know the usual stuff for making wine kits but I think I'm best buying a kit with everything you need for beer /cider including plastic bottles little bottler bottle tree etc I'm not worried about doubling up on a few bits as they are always usefull I will be racking the beer/cider into another fv to batch prime so I may as well get another fv incase my other ones are in use all ready , if anyone knows of any good starter kits that would be great if not I have some stuff in a basket on brew to bottle which is the on line shop I mainly use (there aren't any home brew shops near me my local one closed about 5 years ago ) also any advice on the best lager kits would be good . I've just looked at the cider thread already recommended and think ill give that ago first for a cider then try a lager kit next thank you everyone for getting back to me so soon

Latest posts

Back