Greggs vegan sausage rolls

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have never tried one due to the fact i like the meat version SWMBO persuaded me to give one a try as she prefers them (she is not vegetarian) to keep her happy i tried one and am now in the same boat as her the pastry doesn't end up everywhere and the sausage to me has a nice spicey taste, i never thought i would say i prefer a vegan sausage roll to a meat one. ashock1

Have you tried one?

Yes, and I'm afraid I wasn't a big fan. The first bite seemed decent, but it tasted a bit synthetic tasting to me after a few bites. But given it does not contain meat or dairy products it tastes remarkably close to the real thing, so hats off to them.

I have never tried one due to the fact i like the meat version SWMBO persuaded me to give one a try as she prefers them (she is not vegetarian) to keep her happy i tried one and am now in the same boat as her the pastry doesn't end up everywhere and the sausage to me has a nice spicey taste, i never thought i would say i prefer a vegan sausage roll to a meat one. ashock1

Have you tried one?
Doubt there is much meat in the sausage one.

I did try a pie which was soya bean spun into a meat alternative but it was paired with kidney so defeated the object of being vegetarian!
It's funny that people want to be vegetarians but crave the taste of meat. Can't have it both ways. I don't see carnivores trying to make cabbage from meat.

It's funny that people want to be vegetarians but crave the taste of meat. Can't have it both ways. I don't see carnivores trying to make cabbage from meat.
It's not that funny or hard to understand. People who don't want to eat meat for ethical reasons but still think it is tasty. I don't personally know any carnivores in the sense that they eat only meat, apart from maybe my cats. And I don't think they miss the taste of cabbage, so it is not an issue.

Maybe they like enjoy the taste and texture of meat but without killing. With plenty of meat substitutes and, to a lesser degree, lab made meat, you can have it both ways.

Back