Greggs vegan sausage rolls

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not had Greggs for years..used to have them regularly at school. With all the hullabaloo around Greggs at the moment I thought I'd re-introduce myself to them and got a sausage roll...yeah I wasn't impressed at all. Not good. I guess I've been spoiled over the years with sourcing my sausage rolls from a local butcher, not that I'm a great consumer of sausage rolls, but do enjoy them when I do. So no chance of me trying the vegan one. All I can say the Greggs Marketing team have played a blinder. Well done to them. They've created a real buzz around cheap and pretty sub par food.

I did try the vegan burger at McDonalds as everyone was raving about it, even meat eaters were saying it was as good as the meat alternatives. All I can say they must specially select people who say that because it was nothing like the meat burgers, was overly sweet, the meat had a soggy texture and was generally lacking in texture. And even less satisfying as their meat burgers.

As for meat trimmings going into sausages...well of course...thats the point. They were intended to make use of more of the animal and use up the trimmings from the better cuts of meat. Doesnt mean to say it's not good food and you cant make a good sausage that contains that. Should have a healthy dose of decent meat too. No different to having a nice rack of ribs and picking the bone and gnawing at all the stuff stuck to the bone, or gnawing at the bone of a chicken wing or thigh...thats basically the sort of tissue it is.

Latest posts

Back