General election & new Labour government thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
What he actually states is, 'we will be targeting Labour votes, we are coming for Labour' pretty normal election jargon what party doesn't try to convince voters to their way of thinking?
Reform has done remarkably well in the 6 weeks leading up to the election, and did better than the Lib Dems vote-wise, imagine what they will be like in 4 years.
The next set of GDP figures comes out at the end of the month, if they go up again things will get really interesting.

Well said Foxy.

Last edited:

Farage vows to change politics forever after win

"We're going to focus on going after the Labour vote" he said.

Updated 5 July 2024

Nigel Farage has promised to "change politics forever" after his Reform UK party won more than four million votes, propelling him into Parliament for the first time.
Reform UK has won five seats in the House of Commons, with a 14.3% share of the vote.
Mr Farage overturned a Conservative majority of more than 25,000 to comfortably win in Clacton, Essex - a race which marked his eighth attempt to enter the Commons.
The election was the first step in a “mass movement across the country” that would "change politics for ever”, he told supporters.
Mr Farage's first press conference as an MP was interrupted by six protesters who repeatedly accused the Reform leader of being racist and planning to sell off the NHS.
As Reform supporters removed the protesters one by one, Mr Farage suggested they could be paid actors aiming to disrupt his plans.
Mr Farage said: "The political establishment are in fear in private as to what happened last night with those results in the election."
When he returned to frontline politics and took over as head of Reform in June, Mr Farage said he had two aims - "first to get millions of votes" and the "second was to establish a bridgehead in parliament".
Mr Farage promised to now use his platform in Parliament and "work with anyone" to achieve his long-time aim of scrapping the First Past the Post Electoral system - highlighting the party's 14% vote share that yielded just five MPs.
"Above all what we're going to do from today is we're going to professionalise the party, we're going to democratise the party and those few bad apples that have crept in will be gone, will be long gone, and we will never have any of their type back in our organisation," he said.
Mr Farage denied he would join any pact with the Tories, saying he would prefer to "let the Conservative Party tear themselves apart".
"We're going to focus on going after the Labour vote" instead, he said.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gw83w8xg9o

Re: "going after the labour vote" is putting it mildly to avoid too much alarm amongst potential supporters.

But Ref are wreckers, just like their friends in the rest of Europe.

The AfD in Germany put it more directly after their gain of 80+ seats in the Bundestag, most of which were taken by list candidates rather than directly elected (that's proportional rep for you!). One of their leaders was telling (or threatening?) the government "we will hunt you". Populists want to destroy democratic institutions and in the end democracy.

That's why cosying up to those people is a dangerous game - Germany's history has shown clearly how that was done. And don't tell me it couldn't happen here in the UK (British exceptionalism?), everything is different now, etc etc.

FFS he hasn't had time to choose the new wallpaper and arrange the furniture and his haters are already into him -
On X, formerly Twitter, one person asked: "Why is no one flying a wee St George cross flag in Downing Street? I see the Saltire, Welsh dragon & Union Flag but no English flags? Seems quite poor optics." Another asked: "Where’s the St George Cross?"
A third added: "Where's the f***ing Cross of St George flags? Only been Prime Minister for five minutes and he's f****d up."
"Just watching the group in Downing Street waving flags, fair enough but where's the English flag," another chimed in. "They have Union flags, Saltires and Welsh. Where's the Cross of St George? Aye, start as you mean to go on right enough."
Reject modernity embrace tradition. I want people to be flying this bad boy:

1720263564520.png

Ref are not really interested in constituency work, it's just a way of getting into parliament and then collecting the handsome salaries and allowances (and pensions!). And giving "researcher" jobs to "their people". And they have have access to lots of confidential stuff which will no doubt come in handy when attacking our government.

There's plenty of other constituencies he can move to. Man didn't turn up to his job at the European parliament for years and people still voted for him like he was doing the lord's work.

Very true. His base thought it was great that he didn't bother his ar*e with European Parliament though. They might be less chuffed when he swans off to Washington in November, and doesn't run constituency surgeries.

Last edited:
Very true. His base thought it was great that he didn't bother his a*rse with European Parliament though. They might be less chuffed when he swans off to Washington in November, and doesn't run constituency surgeries.
I mean, Rochdale got rid of Galloway, I suppose having a famous MP loses it's charm when you realise he's a chancing dosser.

I mean, Rochdale got rid of Galloway, I suppose having a famous MP loses it's charm when you realise he's a chancing dosser.
Apparently Galloway didn't even bother his bum showing up for the count.

Was listening earlier that Reforms share of the votes reflects the UKIP and Brexit party vote.

You'd wonder if reforms votes actually reflects a constituency or is it just a protest vote

Apparently Galloway didn't even bother his bum showing up for the count.
Was listening earlier that Reforms share of the votes reflects the UKIP and Brexit party vote.
You'd wonder if reforms votes actually reflects a constituency or is it just a protest vote
I'd say 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. Massive hardhat or not Nigel is popular, however I suspect a lot of people voting Reform are doing so because they're sick of the tories and can't bring themselves to vote labour or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure speculation they may never have to worry about him swanning off!
I'd be more worried about him not swanning off TBH. I would say that while, yes, it is speculation his record indicates he probably will take at least one trip to visit one of his dictator friends.

Latest posts

Back