Feedback Needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been using my BZ for 12 months and I really like it when things go well 😊
However maintaining mash temperature can be a real PITA !!!! A problem I never encountered with my peco and cool box mash tun !

In the next couple of months i am thinking of some upgrades, another couple of cornys and a 35L Brewzilla and using the klarstein as an htl, all feedback welcome on the brewzilla would be most welcome and similar systems as well, thank you
Hold fire on the Brewzilla Rod. I will keep you posted. Another court case coming up this month.

I’ve been using my BZ for 12 months and I really like it when things go well 😊
However maintaining mash temperature can be a real PITA !!!! A problem I never encountered with my peco and cool box mash tun !
In what way are you having trouble maintaining mash temp, mines bang on within 1 degree difference from top of mash tun to bottom where prove is.

Hi Foxy, thats a bit lacking in detail, so whats it all about
There is a squabble among the share holders, one of the shareholders went to bed one night owning 50% of the shares in Keg Land and woke up next day owning 10%.:confused:
Going to court this month provided there are no issues with Covid.
Then they have got the issues with Perlick, and so has anyone who has been selling the flow control taps from Keg Land.

Not sure how a court case should influence a decision to buy a brewzilla or guten or other one vessel.
Even if the company folded they are fairly simple tech and parts are replaceable or upgradeable, as users we're just victims I suspect rather than facilitators.

But the K and K spat will wrangle on for ever I suspect.

Not sure how a court case should influence a decision to buy a brewzilla or guten or other one vessel.
Even if the company folded they are fairly simple tech and parts are replaceable or upgradeable, as users we're just victims I suspect rather than facilitators.

But the K and K spat will wrangle on for ever I suspect.
If they do fold, spares for anything of theirs will be difficult to get. Depending on the outcome criminal charges could be laid. Nothing to do with differences between KL & KK The shareholders of KL are fighting among them selves.

In what way are you having trouble maintaining mash temp, mines bang on within 1 degree difference from top of mash tun to bottom where prove is.
Hi Griff097
My temp when measured with a calibrated thermometer can be as much as 3 or 4 degrees off between what is shown on the control panel and the top of the mash
If I allow the wort to flow down the overflow pipe on full bore it helps greatly it’s just a matter of trying to find a happy medium How fo you maintain such a steady temp ?

Hi Griff097
My temp when measured with a calibrated thermometer can be as much as 3 or 4 degrees off between what is shown on the control panel and the top of the mash
If I allow the wort to flow down the overflow pipe on full bore it helps greatly it’s just a matter of trying to find a happy medium How fo you maintain such a steady temp ?
Maybe you have a dodgy thermostat, both of mine seem fine?

When you say ‘both of mine seem fine’ do you have two BZ’s ? or does your model have two separate stats ?
I get mine pre crushed 'standard crush' from MM or Geb.
Yest I have 2 35L machines, run both at the same time.
Personally I wouldn't worry about the disparity and just adjust the temps on the controller to compensate, your always going to get hotter temps at the top due to thermal stratification in any vessel.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the disparity and just adjust the temps on the controller to compensate, your always going to get hotter temps at the top due to thermal stratification in any vessel.
HI
Great advice many thanks will keep striving At least least I haven’t had to pour a brew down the drain yet !

HI
Great advice many thanks will keep striving At least least I haven’t had to pour a brew down the drain yet !
Me neither, but I am wondering what's going wrong with my Proper Job clone, it was stunning when I had a few pints late last week and I just poured another this week and it's nothing like it, how can it change that much in days, I drank a half and tipped the other half, very rare I do that, frustrating!

Me neither, but I am wondering what's going wrong with my Proper Job clone, it was stunning when I had a few pints late last week and I just poured another this week and it's nothing like it, how can it change that much in days, I drank a half and tipped the other half, very rare I do that, frustrating!
🥴

I found that I can slightly reduce the BZ difference in temps by using rice hulls to aid the recirculation during the mash.

I've also ditched the malt pipe bottom screen, top screen and adjustable pipe for a bottom screen that has no hole in it ( 13.9US $ |Brewzilla 35L Bottom Screen for Malt Pipe (no overflow hole)|Beer Brewing| - AliExpress ) and I recirculate the wort directly onto the mash. Plus I always keep the lid on and use some tin foil to close the top. You do need to be careful about an overflow!

I also use a wort siphon spray on the end of the recirculation tube but they can be tricky to find. I've heard that some people have 3D printed them themselves.

Maybe all a bit too much but it's now part of my brew day process...

21jS9H-e-TL._AC_.jpg

Latest posts

Back