Feedback Needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the next couple of months i am thinking of some upgrades, another couple of cornys and a 35L Brewzilla and using the klarstein as an htl, all feedback welcome on the brewzilla would be most welcome and similar systems as well, thank you

I think you have already picked what is probably the best options. I have had the Ace for over 3 years and it has done me well and still is so the only real option in that price range is the Klarstein/Angelbrew etc which are all the same machine re-badged and the newer version of mine.
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH CORNIES:beer1:athumb..

Agree on the cornys, i looked at the grain father jeez how much and it aint got a tap :laugh8: i would stick with klarstein but delivery is up in in the air, looking like a brewzilla then i have watched a ton of vids on yt and it looks good

I was going to to do exactly what you said as I had the same equipment, but I got good money selling my Klarstein, bought a Chinese boiler as a HLT and was going to get the 65L Zilla for efficiency of time brewing, went for 2 35L ones to brew two different beers in pretty much the same amount of time.

In the next couple of months i am thinking of some upgrades, another couple of cornys and a 35L Brewzilla and using the klarstein as an htl, all feedback welcome on the brewzilla would be most welcome and similar systems as well, thank you
I'm in exactly the same position and considering the same upgrades, though haven't thought much about what to use as a hlt. I have a 35L Malt Miller kettle which I could fit an element to, or may just find a second hand urn.
There's a video comparison of Brewzilla Vs Grainfather and there wasn't much in it either way. Considering the price of each, the Brewzilla is what I am going for.
(Given that the guy who does the comparison allegedly works for grainfather, I was surprised at how unbiased the video is)

I have seen that video, i know this may sound daft but how can you have a brew kettle with no tap, what if the pump packs up and the screw on re circ arm is a no no for me and i see a lot of people moaning about the silicone seal on the bottom plate on the gf, i think i have just made my mind up, thanks for all the feed back :beer1:

I have the 30L BrewDevil. I really like it, but I think if I was to upgrade I’d get a bigger system so I could do no-sparge - the 30L is just too small to get a no-sparge 19L to corny batch out.

I have at the moment a klarstein fullhorn which i do biab in, this will become my hlt for sparge when i get the brewzilla, the fullhorn is now just over 2 years old i have had a lot of fun with it and made some great ale in it, for someone just moving to ag it is a great starting point and worth every penny, i am at that part of the journey were i feel i need to up my game to the next level i love taking some grains water hops and yeast and making something nice that i and other folks can enjoy

Wife ought me a 35l Brewzilla for my birthday. Has hardly seen me since.

I've nothing to compare it to, but have done 7 brews and no problems at all. I use a cheap hot water urn for sparge water and set up a bench in the corner of the garage, so have a decent setup in a small space. Looks like spare parts for the BZ are available on Aliexpress too...
brew bench.jpg

Back