European Championship

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you think will win (not who do you want to win)

• England will win

• Spain will win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to kick the guy who first said "It's coming home" in the nuts once for every time i have heard the irritating phrase used since.

If we win it I will switch the TV and radio off for a few days.

And getting paid more per week than normal people see in 10 years of work
Well some of them
That's fair enough. They have the talent and use it. Just like I use my talent for my employment and get above average pay. But when I do well I get a pat on the back, not a knighthood

Unfortunately that how the game has become. If you are not going to adopt this “Sh*thousing” yourselves you just become a victim of it. I hate it all. 22 players claiming the throw in is there’s, falling over and getting a free kick whenever they feel a touch, getting a touch on the shoulder and going down holding their face, time wasting etc etc, but it will carry on for as long as refs continue to be fooled by it and accept it all.
This is unfortunatley true, it is the way the game is. Players touched on shoulders hold their nose like they have been punched in the face.

The outrage that this is an England exlusive is just so niave.

It is not the sport itself I dislike but this aspect is a real problem and its become the foundations it is built on. I even see it watching my nephew as young as 6 or 7 the kids do it.

Until the sporting bodies clam down on this "sh**housing" as you call it, the sport will continue to thrive with it, as you say. Get on board or become a victim of it..

There was one in the scotland game where a scottish player did a high OH kick to clear it and the player of the opposite team was "near him" but went down holding his face like he'd been kicked in the face without being touched...???? why not have judiciory panel and BAN him for 2 games or something.. That will learn them.. But there seems a big resistance to bring the game out of the dark ages for some reason

Not a footie fan at all, bunch of overpaid diving play-acting cheating b'stard diva's if you ask me...but I've always watched England and really rooting for them to win. Love the international banter...I work for a company that employs people from all over the world and football does seem to be one of the only things that runs through every single nation and lots of friendly, and sometimes brutal, banter going around the office when there is an international tournament on, which is great fun. We've been robbed many times over the years by dodgy ref decisions at key points in matches that have, in all liklihood affected the result, so more than happy when a favourable ref decision comes our way...that just seems part and parcel of the game it seems. You win some and lose some. But we were lucky so lets own it....can't see the Argentinians beating themselves up too much about Maradona's 'hand of God'.

And would be nice that if our women's team and mens team can concurrently hold the titles for a short while...We can properly claim that its come home then! Lets be honest, we're probably not going to win it for another century if the World Cup is anything to go by, so lets enjoy it while we can.

C'mon England....hopefully it is coming home!! I'd rather hear that phrase over 'Its time for change' which has become very taxing over recent weeks. And of course it is the main lyric of the best football song ever complete with John Barnes rap!

If you don't like the diving and play-acting I suggest you give the Women's game a watch. They just get on with business.

Does anyone like the diving and play-acting? I doubt they do. It's become part of the sport..like drugs in cycling and athletics, and many other sports I'm sure...just tolerated and as long as everyone is upto it then nobody has an advantage. Even my footie mates don't even register it now, in fact they expect it. It happens in the women's sport too maybe not quite as widespread, but they'll catch up soon enough. Professional sport has a habit of encouraging everyone to push the rules to the absolute limits and beyond to gain an advantage. It's all fair game so long as you don't get caught.

Does anyone like the diving and play-acting? I doubt they do. It's become part of the sport..like drugs in cycling and athletics, and many other sports I'm sure...just tolerated and as long as everyone is upto it then nobody has an advantage. Even my footie mates don't even register it now, in fact they expect it. It happens in the women's sport too maybe not quite as widespread, but they'll catch up soon enough. Professional sport has a habit of encouraging everyone to push the rules to the absolute limits and beyond to gain an advantage. It's all fair game so long as you don't get caught.
And it's something that's so easy to fix.
Allow the officials to review it after the game with video footage. If someone is found actually diving badly, give them a severe penalty (1 month bans exist in plenty of other sports for a red card etc). The problem will instantly solve itself.

At the moment there is no consequence to diving, so you may as well try it. Add a severe consequence - people will stop doing it. Same with yelling in the ref's face.

Allow the officials to review it after the game with video footage. If someone is found actually diving badly, give them a severe penalty (1 month bans exist in plenty of other sports for a red card etc). The problem will instantly solve itself.

Spot on, shirt pulling and wrapping arms round players in the penalty area (corners and free kicks etc) is a huge bug bear of mine if they brought this in this weekend it would be all over by next.

1720792682920.png

You should all go and watch what goes on in Copa America.

Unbelievably dirty, but so much of it is very subtle and off the ball. Loads of little digs on players off the ball that are 'accidental' or just hard to see.

On Wednesday in the Uruguay v Colombia semi final Daniel Munoz got a second yellow card and was sent off for elbowing Manuel Ugarte. Ugarte had actually come up to Munoz and pinched him, causing Munoz to lose his head for a moment.

You can see this here:

You should all go and watch what goes on in Copa America.

Unbelievably dirty, but so much of it is very subtle and off the ball. Loads of little digs on players off the ball that are 'accidental' or just hard to see.

On Wednesday in the Uruguay v Colombia semi final Daniel Munoz got a second yellow card and was sent off for elbowing Manuel Ugarte. Ugarte had actually come up to Munoz and pinched him, causing Munoz to lose his head for a moment.

You can see this here:

Was Nuñez not scrapping with Colombian fans too? 😂

Was Nuñez not scrapping with Colombian fans too? 😂
Yeah. The games seem to be policed by a handful of US cops that have no idea how to deal with 80,000 spicy South American football fans.

I should add that the players are not shy about a tactical foul. When they happen there appears to be an attitude that “I’m going to get a yellow/red card, so might as well make it worth it and kick the guy’s head off”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back