Edme stout.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert

Reaction score
I've made the Edme Irish stout up to 15 litres and added 300ml of black treacle, Hopefully this should give me 15 litres @ 8%.

Can I have some opinions on this? Is there any chance I've added too much treacle? It really smells of treacle right now and not much else, I've got three other fermenters on the go right now so I'm hoping when I get around to drinking it it'd have mellowed.

I don't think that by the time fermentation is over and it has had time to condition that there will be much of a treacle aroma remaining, plus with the increased bitterness from making the kit up to only 15 litres I think that there will only be a subtle hint of treacle remaining in the flavour :)

When I did a treacle tweak, I made mine up to 23ltr added 300ml of black treacle and 700g of sugar.......I think, note books in the shed.
Its one I really liked and drank maybe too young ;) No real aroma of treacle, but you could get a back taste of it.
Must do this one again and leave it for a couple of months before supping

Latest posts

Back