Disposable food grade bags for the bin?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Reaction score
I'm worried that any non-beer brews will pick up the flavour of a previous brew... such as fruit wines, which isn't ideal! Is there a way I can put a bag in the bin to contain the stuff to avoid any flavour coming off the inside? And if so, where could I get hold of such things? Sorry if there's already a post but as I don't know if they exist, I don't know what to search for!

As long as you clean & sanitise properly this shouldn't be an issue. If you have smells left in your FV use a solution of Bicarbonate of Soda in hot water to remove it.

is that bicarbonate of soda to soak it in or wash it out with..i have odour in my FV

I have noticed my fv still smelling after giving it a good clean out.

I will have to try this out too.

Thanks.

I was once told never make wine and beer in the same fermenter. But i look at it like this. As long as you clean it out well with a steriliser, i don't see how there should be a problem. Anyone disagree with this?

i would get a cloth and make a paste with the soda and water and sort of rub it all over the surface leaving it a while then clean it off with warm water , its great for cleaning things like fridges with too

Just tried cleaning out my FV with Bicarbonate of soda. Works a treat, no more previous brew smells.

Thanks all.

Back