Contact sterilisation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aleman, just asked a couple of brewers and they said try Jennychem (not on the site, doesn't even seem like that sort of place) or Ecolab (looks more promising).

Will let you know if anyone else comes back.

Does over 70% alcohol not remove or disolve plasticizers in errrr plastic, I think I read that somewhere, not 100% on that. I know that to bring ethanol from 92 to 99.8% is dificult, it just wants to absorb water, methanol is the same, don't forget to cover it when you go drag racing ;) . I have a few ltr of 92% ethanol for cleaning things in the workshop, I might try using it for sanitizing.

92% ethanol is not as good as 70% . . . sounds strange . . . but true (More does not always mean better)

Aleman said:
Rhymney Brewery won't tell me where they get the PerAcid (15%) stuff from . . . . Not that I want/need 15L of the blooming stuff :lol:

TT - I've set him an message asking about strength . . . again not that I need 5L . . . although I have a few brewers in the area that I could split it with
i use the 5% stuff and dilute by 100-1, try holchem for the 15% acid there near you too aleman

Latest posts

Back