Co2 bottle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today was an interesting day whilst doing my deliveries at work I noticed a couple of gas bottles dumped out the back ?
So being a nosey bugger and always on the scrounge i went for a look there was a couple of old fire extinguishers a small gas bottle which to me looked like a gas cylinder for regassing fridges ? but the other one was a co2 bottle ,I asked the woman at the shop if she knew whose it was and she said its goin in the skip just take it i has a look and it has Whitbread stamped on it .
So after my wittering on my question is can i get it refilled for my cornys or does it belong to the brewery and does the same restictions apply as Kegs ????

You may get lucky Eddie, but it is unlikely that any reputable supplier would refill that (from what I know and have tried myself).
Is there any safety information stamped on it? It should have a 'test date' and 'valid to date' on there.

I know where there are 3 discarded gas bottles (not 50 meters from where I'm sat now)....but from what I know they don't seem to be worth the hassle.

ATB

Latest posts

Back