Brewzilla

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisD123

Regular.
Reaction score
well that was a nice suprise SWMBO gave me the greenlight to buy something new,,,so a new Brewzilla gen 4 is on its way...looking forward to getting to grips with this...so i will no doubt have some questions...haha

Last edited:
so big thanks to maltmiller Brewzilla arrived today safe and sound...great delivery service considering my location. One question i do have is with regard to the recirc arm..the silicon washer in the female camlock is in place, however there is quite a bit of wobble on the arm, it seems a tad loose to me...is this common?

Just got one from MM myself (finally succumbed based on the discount bundle after many years of "maybe next year" on getting an AIO). The camlock fittings dong hold the recirc or whirlpool arm solidly vertical and that seems normal from the many brewday videos I've watched over the years.

I did my first brewday with it over the weekend. Went okay but beersmith numbers (I used the downloaded equipment addon) were off for boiloff and grain absorption so I ended up almost 3L over. Just another datapoint warning that you'll need to dial things in a bit so best to start with a simple, cheap brew.

thanks...did you replumb the pump/tap? did you get any clogging? just wondering whether its worth changing it over

thanks...did you replumb the pump/tap? did you get any clogging? just wondering whether its worth changing it over

I didn't do the replumb so the tap is still run from the pump. I'm still weighing what suits me better but I expect I will reroute the pipes if I can't think of a strong reason why I need it as is. Being able to pump from the tap doesn't seem that useful to me.

No issues with clogging from mashing (although I used a bag in the pipe also). I did have a brief clog when starting recirculation for a hop stand but that was easily cleared by just cycling the pump. I had a more significant pump jam when cleaning but I was cycling water to sluice junk off the sides of the vessel before I'd gotten the worst off, which is obviously a bit of a silly idea in hindsight. Still, no drama, I just had to push my thumb down in the outlet a bit to get some plunger action going and it cleared in a few seconds.

I'm keen to get to another brew day as I learned a lot, but there's all this bloody beer I have to drink first. Annoying.

hope to get it up and running at the weekend...probably a simply smash to start with....will leave the plumbing and see how it goes

Latest posts

Back