Brew number 3, Muntons Gold IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegged

Reaction score
Just finished up my Muntons Gold IPA brew kit. Now just got to wait 7-8 days in the FV, transfer to a second FV for another week then bottle it. I'm hoping it will be a nice light beer for the warmer months ahead.

Has anyone else used this brew kit??

Hi,

I am trying to decide what to brew next and I was looking at the Midas Gold, I see you are currently drinking it. Whats it like?

Had a peek inside the FV this morning. The yeast field was almost touching the lid!

i have just moved mine to secondary FV. i used the sediment to start a geordie bitter off because i was told that the muntons is a far superior yeast and the geordie kit was £6.99 in my local morrisons, i am also going to dry hop it and see what happens

cabbie said:
i have just moved mine to secondary FV. i used the sediment to start a geordie bitter off because i was told that the muntons is a far superior yeast and the geordie kit was £6.99 in my local morrisons, i am also going to dry hop it and see what happens

So excuse me for the rookie question but . . . You mention using the sediment to start off your Geordie bitter, I have not read or heard of this technique yet. :oops:

Could you possibly expand on how this works?

Kegged said:
cabbie said:

So excuse me for the rookie question but . . . You mention using the sediment to start off your Geordie bitter, I have not read or heard of this technique yet. :oops:
:D

its got all those lovely yeasties in it and they start working straight away

cabbie said:
Kegged said:
cabbie said:

:D

its got all those lovely yeasties in it and they start working straight away

So how much of the sediment do you keep? And do you dry it out first or just add it in its gooey state.

after i had syphoned the beer into another FV i left about a quarter pint behind with the sediment and then gave it a good stir up and then poured some into a wine glass. about half full. by the time i had mixed the geordie brew (about 10 mins) it was just about to bubble over the top of the glass (yeast working on the remaining sugar in the bit of liquid) then instead of using the dry yeast that came with the geordie kit i just emptied the wine glass into the brew and put the lid on :D .

Back