Brew Books - What's On Your Shelf??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my shelf, I have "Tasting Beer" by Randy Mosher and "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charlie Papazian. These books are invaluable.

so after a few mail drops my collection is building....

Home Brew Beer - Hughes
Historical Brewing Techniques - Garshol
IPA - Steele
The New IPA - Janish
Craft Brew - Ferguson
Mastering Homebrew - Mosher
Radical Brewing - Mosher
Complete Joy Of Homebrewing - Papazian
Designing Great Beers -Daniels
The Oxford Companion To Beers

Principals of Brewing Science, Brewing Science and Practice, Brewing Yeast and Fermentation, Dave Millers Homebrewing Guide, Brewing the Worlds Great beers, and Brew Like a Pro.

Some research

1000077529.jpg

Pre-ordered this on Amazon (Camra won't ship here) and then got a notification that it's delayed shipping until possibly March 2025. Hopefully in the next few weeks it arrives in some online shops here.
Already available from The Malt Miller, along with the recipes kits

Hmm. I wonder how much of it is just a reworking of Graham Wheeler's method with a few American recipes thrown in. I wasn't impressed by Parker's earlier book "CAMRA's Essential Home Brewing" or the two recipes from Elusive, which were included. Don't know squat about Zainasheff, though. I'll probably wait for a second-hand one in a few months time, out of curiosity. In the meantime, I'll be very interested to read your reviews.

Last edited:
Hmm. I wonder how much of it is just a reworking of Graham Wheeler's method with a few American recipes thrown in. I wasn't impressed by Parker's earlier book "CAMRA's Essential Home Brewing" or the two recipes from Elusive, which were included. Don't know squat about Zainasheff, though. I'll probably wait for a second-hand one in a few months time, out of curiosity. In the meantime, I'll be very interested to read your reviews.
I am up to page 107 of 302. I'm enjoying reading it. Firstly, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner and to be fair, the introduction begins by saying It assumes you already have a basic understanding of brewing beer.
I have made a number of notes so far, for example about different mash pHs for different styles. As I remember most books just say your mash pH should be within a range, but don't specify specific ranges for specific styles.
There is some good stuff on pellet v leaf hops and on the different types of pellet hops. It also talks about Incognito etc.

This is the contents page
IMG_20240911_172837645.jpg

And these are the books I already had
IMG_20240911_171900444.jpg

I am up to page 107 of 302. I'm enjoying reading it. Firstly, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner and to be fair, the introduction begins by saying It assumes you already have a basic understanding of brewing beer.

My copy arrived yesterday as well and had a quick flick through it.. Looks like a decent book. The recipes look really good to me. A nice selection of styles and difficulty as well with some good notes on how to brew them.

Latest posts

Back