Bottling From Pressure Barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h_doody

Reaction score
Is it possible to bottle from a pressure barrel after it has been primed and pressurized?

Also, I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with using a pressure barrel as a bottling bucket (and bottling the whole brew)? Would rather use that than have to install a tap in one of my FVs.

Hmm, I'm not really sure if that has answered my question. Hopefully this explains it better: what I'm wondering is if I can use my pressure barrel as it was intended but if I need a bottle or two bottled is there any problem with just pouring into a bottle as if it was a glass and then immediately sealing the bottle. Would the carbonation in the bottle dissipate? Should I prime the bottle as well?

I can see problems. If you don't release the pressure in the barrel you will end up with a lot of froth and not much beer in the bottle, also at this stage getting oxygen into the beer is bad news. If you do release the pressure in the barrel then you will shorten the shelf-life of your beer remaining in the keg.

Others might be along to help further but that's how I see it.

Ok thanks! Think I might just bottle everything normally, using the barrel as an unpressurized batch priming and bottling bucket! :)

Latest posts

Back